Interesting rules that we may have missed or forgotten

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In some Ortona rules discussion with Perry, I learned this:

A12.15 DETECTION: A unit forced back to its previous Location is not subject to attack (even by a minefield or FFE) during its brief period in the previously-concealed unit's Location, nor can it be the subject of a Snap Shot from the firer's hex while attempting to enter the concealed unit's Location, but it is subject to Snap Shots/other First Fire attacks (see C.5C) when being returned to its previously occupied Location.

The defending unit can take a Snap Shot as the attacking unit is being returned to its previous location. In a building to building bump, that can be a better shot than shooting at the attacking unit in its previous location.
And you get an extra -1 DRM for hitting them in the rear.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
In some Ortona rules discussion with Perry, I learned this:

A12.15 DETECTION: A unit forced back to its previous Location is not subject to attack (even by a minefield or FFE) during its brief period in the previously-concealed unit's Location, nor can it be the subject of a Snap Shot from the firer's hex while attempting to enter the concealed unit's Location, but it is subject to Snap Shots/other First Fire attacks (see C.5C) when being returned to its previously occupied Location.

The defending unit can take a Snap Shot as the attacking unit is being returned to its previous location. In a building to building bump, that can be a better shot than shooting at the attacking unit in its previous location.
Actually, I have heard that it can be attacked by Snap Shots upon returning, but I didn't know that other First Fire attacks would work as well. The former might be a rarer situation than the latter, though it could negate TEM.

von Marwitz