Illuminating Rounds: Episode 7. Red Factories

daveramsey

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hey guys,

Happy Christmas. Here's our Red Factories overview and scenario. We play Stone Age Caves and chat about the worse 5 things we face during our games.

Stay tuned to the end, for news of our first sponsor (the package literally arrived mid-game).

Enjoy the holidays and see you all in the new year!

Dave & Martin

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks guys. It was great to see Dave cover up those hairy arms.

daveramsey

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I’m not a fan of sleeves whilst pushing cardboard around. Had a haircut today, they did my eyebrows but I didn’t think to ask about my forearms!

So, what’s the deal about fortified building location’s ‘normal’ tem vs it’s ‘full’ tem? Surely you can’t need better dice than <=5 for breaching the location...

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I read it as an NMC or better will breach. I think the TEM is just for the attack against the defenders if any.

daveramsey

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Right - It's a HE attack that requires a KIA and just a NMC needed to breach with DC. I assume things like smoke affect the occupants against the area fire attack, but only the tem of the building itself counts against the NMC required to breach on the 30FP column.

I'm still interested to know whether we should count the debris TEM that affects gutted factory hexes for that breach attempt. Anyone have any ideas?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Smoke is a DRM not a TEM...LOS*** DRM do not effect DC attacks, enough SMOKE could affect placement if the intended target was blinded, eg the placing unit is in +3 Smoke and the target of the DC attack is likewise in +3 Smoke, the unit with the DC cannot see to place/throw the DC in the first place.

daveramsey

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ok - thanks. So what's the difference in the definition of full vs normal TEM in B23.711?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think they wanted to make a distinction that although units on the other side of the breach hex side are attacked with Area Fire (and possibly halved again if they are concealed) that they receive full* TEM....and elected to use full as a word to emphasize the fact given all the "having of DC FP" that had just been mentioned (i.e. they are saying Do not halve the TEM) Perhaps they thought if they used normal folks would get confused and take that as a halving b/c of Area Fire. The selection of the word "normal" upstream from there was done since there was just a routine explanation of the attack by the DC vs. the hex side.

That is my take on why they opted to use the two words that way for what is effectively the same TEM.

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dave and Martin,

Thank you for yet another interesting episode. I'm looking forward to your review of Fight for Seoul.

I realy like your scenario AARs. I've seen videos of people playing ASL, and your take is far superior: no dead time.

Keep up the excellent work!

Indy

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Hey Dave!

Watched this the other day and was very impressed. You have a new subscriber.

Cheers,

Mark