Ignore losses

Karri

Reaction score
Country
llMalta
So far I have done my attacks on minimze&limit losses, but recently I started doing them on ignore losses. So far, not only has this way given the best results, but also lower losses. It seems that ignore losses it the only way to attack in this scenario. Anyone else noticed the same?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No, not based on my experience. Ignore losses will cause you some horrendous losses on some battles, and will also cause you to have many more early turn endings. (Especially with high prof. units, such as the Germans, and certain Allied units; or in special cases with armor involved).

The majority of my attacks are done on min and limited losses. Min losses are done to (attempt!) to ensure that I don't suffer many 'continues attack' results (which, at best guess, causes 10% turn loss each time it appears). Most attacks which are not vital or phase sensitive (ie - not attempted breakouts, etc, which are very phase sensitive) are done on min losses.

All defence is done on ignore losses, excepting such cases as ant partisans, and severaly weakened units which do not reconstitute and I am attempting to preserve, but cannot withdraw to safety.

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My "simplified" game style these days is to try to get one or two minimize loss attacks to start off the turn, then follow up with my all-or-nothing ignore losses attacks. This pretty much assures me a solid 2-3 rounds per turn, which is as much as this time-strapped gamer can handle anymore. :)

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah, I've found that impacting my playing style as well. I used to micromanage each and every turn, and this sometimes resulted in Barbarossa/EF turns that would eat many hours (!) I can't commit that kind of time anymore, nor do I want to. Playing that way caused my first case of TOAW-Burnout, and I stopped all games for a few months. I find I no longer enjoy playing the game that way.

If I can squeeze several turns out of the engine, great (3 or 4 will do). If not - oh well!