Human wave & EVP

asler

Reaction score
Can Human Wave units exit a board for EVP if the VC allow EVP? I'm assuming that all the other normal criteria for HW is met but units that flow around an existing CC might have enough MP left to exit the board.

Chris

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why not? And what scenario? Are there any strictures on the definition of GOOD ORDER?

I don't think so...so, again, I query, why not?

Mark DV
Ada, MI

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Can Human Wave units exit a board for EVP if the VC allow EVP? I'm assuming that all the other normal criteria for HW is met but units that flow around an existing CC might have enough MP left to exit the board.
Theorem: units participating in a Human Wave can exit offboard.

Lemma: In moving offboard, a unit enters a Location. Per A2.6, "EXIT: Units may leave the mapboard using normal MPh/APh capabilities from any mapboard edge hex or half-hex as if they are entering an imaginary off-board hex..." From the index, "Location (a hex, as well as any of the following sub-divisions of that hex ..." Thus, a unit moving offboard enters an imaginary Location.

Proof: A unit in a Human Wave "must (if possible) do exactly one of the following and cannot expend MF for any other reason: move to a Forward Location, ..." [A25.232]. By the lemma, the Human Wave can enter the (imaginary) off-board Location, and the proof is complete.

But unless there had been a really obvious rule stating you couldn't, I would have just taken it for granted that you could.

JR

asler

Reaction score
Why not? And what scenario? Are there any strictures on the definition of GOOD ORDER?

I don't think so...so, again, I query, why not?

Mark DV
Ada, MI
It's a playtest for the Hakke Paale module. Just never had the situation come up before - but it could be a great advantage for the Russian in the scenario - and I simply couldn't get around moving a human wave to an off-board location. However, I ran through the same logic sequence the JRV did and came to the same conclusion.

BTW, I got your email Mark - just haven't had a chance to get to the calender and respond back to you yet.

Chris