Have you ever lost a valuable ship?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Today, I lost a fully equipped Gallante destroyer with a cargo bay full of juicy equipment I looted from some frigate wreckage. The cargo included a bunch of implants (valuable) and weapons that I was on my way to sell at Couster II.

I ended up in a fight with 6 Caldari ships. Three of them were frigates and I wasted them pretty quick. Sadly, I mistook all six for frigates and didn't realize until too late that the other three were Caldari crusiers...

They hammered me fast, and I just missed warping out by a second or two. Lost the ship and all the cargo. I did take down one of the cruisers before they got me, though.

Back to flying my rusted out Pontiac.

JD Sullivan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lost a Thorax last week running a rope-a-dope. Buddy didn't tell me that the 'dope' was a 4-year old character also in a cruiser.

Fight lasted 40 seconds and I must have dropped 10-15 Million ISK.

As my buddy said to me in my pod limping home after the fight, "Well ya did take his shields down.":smoke:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Lost a Thorax last week running a rope-a-dope. Buddy didn't tell me that the 'dope' was a 4-year old character also in a cruiser.
The other guy was in a cruiser, too? Granted, the guy had an experienced character, but it must have been a well equipped cruiser to take down a Thorax in 40 seconds.

Were you well armed?

JD Sullivan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He was in a Vexor and using Vespa II's. Add up all the excess damage from skills and it starts to pile up. The fight might have lasted a little longer than 40 second, but I was in no position to escape after it began.

Live and learn.

Uedel2000

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Well Lost some Maelstroms, Tempest, Hulk, and other "Minor" Stuff, but Maelstrom was the expenive loss with about a worth of 250mio (Fully TII fittet and Rigged) and a full set of +4 implants in my Head :).

but these are the real funny moments in eve anyway....

Revthought

Reaction score
Today, I lost a fully equipped Gallante destroyer with a cargo bay full of juicy equipment I looted from some frigate wreckage. The cargo included a bunch of implants (valuable) and weapons that I was on my way to sell at Couster II.

I ended up in a fight with 6 Caldari ships. Three of them were frigates and I wasted them pretty quick. Sadly, I mistook all six for frigates and didn't realize until too late that the other three were Caldari crusiers...

They hammered me fast, and I just missed warping out by a second or two. Lost the ship and all the cargo. I did take down one of the cruisers before they got me, though.

Back to flying my rusted out Pontiac.
Does a faction fit Navy Megathron count? I don't even want to quote you how much that ship cost me.

Scott

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hell, I lost a t2 fitted vulture to my own stupidity. Forgot the drones that were loaded were shield drones and sicced em on the rats in the mission I went into without looking. CONCORD came knocking real quick. So much for shepherding a noob through a few missions...

Also, any ship is valuable, it just depends on your POV at the time. When I lost an Osprey in PvP it was most of my investment in the game at the time. Now I would gladly give one to a corp-mate or associate without thinking.

rgreat

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
My most expensive lost so far probably is a carrier loaded with T2 modules and ammo for my forward base of operations...
I was catched up by cloaked Rapier near jump portal i used to get into system...

I managed to kill that rapier, but got raped by his 100+ friends, who warped to him... killed 2 more of them though... ;)