HASL Map Feedback

rglesINDY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's 9 total mapsheets...24x36 I believe...I'd have to move the furniture out of my living room to unfold my copy...(no lie here)
So... Three maps X Three maps? That would be (assuming each map is 24 x 36) about 6' x 9' !
Hmmm. Could be a problem for anyone without a "game room".

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's 9 total mapsheets...24x36 I believe...I'd have to move the furniture out of my living room to unfold my copy...(no lie here)
I know it has been a long, long, long, long. long time since you and I played on this map...but if you will recall I did a major revision and consolidated a lot of territory so the final version of the entire map is on six mapsheets...not nine. Two mapsheets are about the same size as the entire Red Barricades map...so imagine three of the RB maps put together...about 7' x 5' total size. Only time you need all six mapsheets put together is to play CG V (the biggie) or if you want to impress your ASL friends. ("Ooooooh. What a BIG map you have."). :)
Now back on topic for this thread...thank you.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So when do we get to see the Manilla map in all of it's glory?
As with any MMP release, no specific time frame has been given. A rough timeline would be:
1) Rising Sun must be released, shipped and in players' hands for at least a little while. That will most likely happen late this year or early to mid 2012. Because the map set wil be the most expensive part of the project, MMP will most likely put it up for pre-sell to see if there is sufficient demand for the product before committing an artist to actually do up the maps.
2) Other scenario packs will most like see the light of day prior to Manila hitting the "P"#, (ie: the Budapest HASL and a couple other projects).
3) My best guess is that it will go on pre-order sometime in 2012, and then depending on if/when it hits the magic "P"# it will be a few months afterwards before the maps are completed, countersheets organized, and rules ready for insert...possibly shipping in 2013??? That woud put it at nine years after submission.
4) No idea on what MMP will determine what the "P"# will be...or the eventual cost for pre-order. If I hear anything, or if Chas Argent passes along any info I will share it in the MMP section...not here. Thanks.

Chas Argent would be the person of interest to contact with any specifics, but AFAIK the above should be fairly close.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
BFP 4: Crucible of Steel

That is all for now:)

Chas
No wonder I have been getting lots of close to ready stuff. All I am allowed to say is that this will have some fine scenario's in it! All I have playtested have been great with very intresting OOB, setups etc.

I rate it far higher than HGII which I liked and has scorred real high in the best product of 2010

Ian