Gliders in operation mercury

Helmseye

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks in advance for your patience and help

I find chapter E quite confusing so please bare with me....

With the landing of gliders once all df is finished and troops disembark you place actual units on board where the glider has finally landed

So if the AA fire has no effect on the vehicle chart but say results in a MC I use the MC of the glider which is an 8? And if it fails have to take a dangerous manoeuvre check?

Or ignore all results unless it kills the glider?

Thanks again

Richard

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A glider in the air is attacked on the star-vehicle line. If the glider is eliminated, all units are lost. A glider on the ground is attacked on the star-vehicle line [E8.3]. If the glider is eliminated, all units make need to take a cs7. In all cases glider passengers are not affected independently from the glider, i.e. there is no collateral attack. This is not especially clear in the rules, but I believe it is the consequence of E8.4 & E8.1.

JR

Helmseye

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A glider in the air is attacked on the star-vehicle line. If the glider is eliminated, all units are lost. A glider on the ground is attacked on the star-vehicle line [E8.3]. If the glider is eliminated, all units make need to take a cs7. In all cases glider passengers are not affected independently from the glider, i.e. there is no collateral attack. This is not especially clear in the rules, but I believe it is the consequence of E8.4 & E8.1.

JR

Thank you very much that's a big help