Fire action for an enemy unit with inappropriate ammo available

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

I have an enemy AVF with no Mg's and only AP ammo that has rolled a Fire command in the prep fire phase, there are no Vehicle targets in it's LOS but it does have infantry targets - should I consider this as no targets in LOS or should I fire at the infantry targets with the AP ammo?

In reality I think this vehicle would move not fire, even then given the current situation the vehicle would probably not even move and just stay where it was for the time being if being controlled by a human player.

Regards

Simon

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
AP is allowed on the VTT.
Now, you are playing solitaire, so you can adapt the game to what seems the most sensible thing to do.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
According to the Terms & Definitions, the infantry is a Target. I'd have it fire at the infantry. A 2FP+0 attack can be effective!

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Solitaire Rules do allow you to do what is in the best interest of ENEMY units under certain situations and this seems to be one of those situations.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

I have an enemy AVF with no Mg's and only AP ammo that has rolled a Fire command in the prep fire phase, there are no Vehicle targets in it's LOS but it does have infantry targets - should I consider this as no targets in LOS or should I fire at the infantry targets with the AP ammo?

In reality I think this vehicle would move not fire, even then given the current situation the vehicle would probably not even move and just stay where it was for the time being if being controlled by a human player.

Regards

Simon
You were given a fire command, and AP is allowed to be fired at infantry, so I would consider this a valid command.