FB CG2 Initial SSR "II.8" (page FB21)

Martin

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Hi Guys

Starting the initial scenario of CG2 of Festung Budapest as the Axis and wondering whether I can purchase infantry and set them up in "Reserve" (which means onboard), when SSR II.8 states that:

"Units purchased with these GCPP may only enter on/after turn 2".

Does this mean:
A. ALL units purchased has to enter on/after turn 2.
or
B. Units purchaced can either set up onboard (at the extra cost), onboard in "Reserve" (at reduced cost) or enter on/after turn 2?

Any help appreciated
Martin

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Guys

Starting the initial scenario of CG2 of Festung Budapest as the Axis and wondering whether I can purchase infantry and set them up in "Reserve" (which means onboard), when SSR II.8 states that:

"Units purchased with these GCPP may only enter on/after turn 2".

Does this mean:
A. ALL units purchased has to enter on/after turn 2.
or
B. Units purchaced can either set up onboard (at the extra cost), onboard in "Reserve" (at reduced cost) or enter on/after turn 2?

Any help appreciated
Martin
Martin,

"A" is the correct answer. In fact, as I look at it now, the last two sentences of SSR II.9 should probably have gone at the end of SSR II.8 instead.

Bill

Martin

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Hi Bill

Thanks for your quick reply and a big salute for your creation of Festung Budapest which is my favourite module! The scenarios are great, the rules work really well and I love the CG's.

If, like you suggest, the following is added to SSR II.8, then it is clearer and might tip the ROAR balance a bit to the Russian side:

"No Axis RG may be purchased as "On-map" or "Reserve" (17.6194)".

Thanks again
Martin

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It appears that SSR II.8 refers to Soviet GCPP, not Axis GCPP - unless I have misread something - always a definite possibility!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It appears that SSR II.8 refers to Soviet GCPP, not Axis GCPP - unless I have misread something - always a definite possibility!
You are correct. The 10 GCPP in the Soviet OB are marked, "see SSR II.8," while the 6 GCPP in the Axis OB are marked "see SSR II.5." The Axis GCPP may be used to purchase on-board and/or reserve modules.

JR

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are correct. The 10 GCPP in the Soviet OB are marked, "see SSR II.8," while the 6 GCPP in the Axis OB are marked "see SSR II.5." The Axis GCPP may be used to purchase on-board and/or reserve modules.

JR
Thank you for checking!
I dread attempting to answer questions, for fear of being wrong, and, worse, possibly sowing confusion.
Thanks again!

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

JR
So you're saying that the answer given by the designer of FB is wrong?