Europe Aflame Multi-Player

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I vote for the frontage method, and for Flanking Rules On unless someone gives us a good rationale for turning them off. So what else needs to be discussed and organized?

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I vote for the frontage method, and for Flanking Rules On unless someone gives us a good rationale for turning them off. So what else needs to be discussed and organized?
A) I don't see your vote on the poll, KobK.
B) We just need everyone who signed on to re-appear and then get 'er started.

I'd say get it started, but you really need everyone's vote on how it will be run before you actually start it...:laugh:

B-snafu

Reaction score
Sorry been busy last few weeks so had limited time here on the boards. I voted for specific nationalities but would be open to playing either way. As far as flanking rule--either way is fine w/me. Looks like alanjosey hasn't been back since sep 26 So might want to get started without him if he doesn't show up soon (he could join in as soon as he gets back). If we start with say just me & Telumar on axis & raver & KOBK as allies--the others could just join up later (the beginning of Ea other then a few turns during Poland is kinda of slow anyway till after the sitz). Just an Idea.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sorry been busy last few weeks so had limited time here on the boards. I voted for specific nationalities but would be open to playing either way. As far as flanking rule--either way is fine w/me. Looks like alanjosey hasn't been back since sep 26 So might want to get started without him if he doesn't show up soon (he could join in as soon as he gets back). If we start with say just me & Telumar on axis & raver & KOBK as allies--the others could just join up later (the beginning of Ea other then a few turns during Poland is kinda of slow anyway till after the sitz). Just an Idea.
I supposed, but it really needs to be decided whether to go for specific nationalities or Gm assigned frontages before it starts. Admitedly, it will be far more entertaining for the GMs if it is assigned frontages.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well I just tried to vote but I see it's closed. Well for the record I vote for frontage.

BigAnorak

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi guys,

For some reason I haven't been getting notifications of this thread being updated, so I assumed it was dead.

Unfortunately, I am commited elsewhere, and am now not able to give the commitment this project will need.

sincerest apologies

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi guys,

For some reason I haven't been getting notifications of this thread being updated, so I assumed it was dead.

Unfortunately, I am commited elsewhere, and am now not able to give the commitment this project will need.

sincerest apologies
NP. There will be others. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :laugh:

alainejosey

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Yeah, I'm out too guys! That's more than two months since it was first mooted and everytime I check back nothing's happened. Indexed.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah, I'm out too guys! That's more than two months since it was first mooted and everytime I check back nothing's happened. Indexed.
Probably better to start it up with the two GMs+ and recruit more as it goes.

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I'm still in. Although the smaller the role the better for me now.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm still in. Although the smaller the role the better for me now.
My suggestion is that KillorbeKilled and Telumar start it up immediately, go with frontage style (so it's more fun for them and still as much fun for the others) and recruit as necessary, with those still 'in' getting first billing.

B-snafu

Reaction score
Well-----We decided not to post on it & were able to keep it under the radar for a year and a half till we had the great EA multiplayer game finito::cool:

The British player masterfully handled the North African Campaign against the wiley Hun & Italians while The soviet Player let his comrades down with a poor showing in the East.

Our U.S player got tired of waiting to enter the game & disappered before the Americans got in but The French handeler steped up to the plate to take over (as he had not much to do in 43' anyway).

The Italian player had a disagreement with his German controller counterpart But the German player carried on with double duty & acheived complete victory.

"Never have so few kept so large of a seceret for so long of a time"...:Winston Churchill (or someone like him muttered that at one time)

A full AAR will be posted soon.................................................................

As soon as I can get my imaginary on-line cohorts to agree on how we shall go about it:nuts::laugh:

Seriously though---anyone interested at all to try to get this going anymore?-

---I figure even just 4 players will be enough--2 allied--(1 for britain, France, & other allied minors) adn 2 Axis---(1 for Germany & 1 taling Italians & other Axis minors).

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well-----We decided not to post on it & were able to keep it under the radar for a year and a half till we had the great EA multiplayer game finito:cool:
You had me going...:D

It really is a good idea, and if I had the time, I'd be in, maybe I'll take up the American reins later on...

B-snafu

Reaction score
You had me going...:D...

Almost left the spoiler out at the end but didn't want to carry the joke to far:devious:-----funny thing is I could see it unfolding like that--the german player opting not to bring in the Italians so the Italian getting bored along with the British player due to not really being able to get involved in the action while the battle for the east rages on. Then after a years time, not hearing from the American again since he is having to wait till 42' or 42' to get involved.

Well with that morale building assesment:D---Veers can possibly step into the game way down the road as the U.S.

IF I can get an allied player to take England/France & one to take Poland/then Russia---we can start & possibly Talk someone into taking the Italians & Axis minors as we get into 41'.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
I wouldn't mind ducking in and out of this if you needed someone to play the Low Countries for a few turns, or the Italian Colonials, followed by the Baltic States or whatever.

But I don't play the old soak-off attacks. Ever.