Elite Tiger crews:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
stuh42asl, that is called "separate loading ammunition".
I 'think' that most AFVs that fire this type of ammunition are No IF in ASL, but I am not sure if this is 100% the case. The argument could be made.

Also, my previous comments about are special rules are used for more than just Tigers.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A ROF of 2 from 1 is doable.. the ROF indicates experience and training and the flow of a crew that work together.. A seasoned Tiger crew could easily increase their ROF, just due to their experience. Just like the british could fire more times with black powder rifles. It was due to constant training and discipline. A round for the 88 mm was a single unit. with the casing and the round as one solid unit, not like the 105, 122, 152 mm rounds that were in two pieces ( round casing with powder bags) An experienced team could acquire, aim, load and fire ,eject rounds quite fast. Their speed in engagements is how they picked of the large T-34 wolf packs so easily, along with the t-34 stuck in the Hen and chicks movement restrictions.A good tiger crew could get off two shots in the same time an average could get one round down range, hence a ROF of 2 vice 1
I believe an SSR making their ROF equivalent to an M4 Sherman would probably be more appropriate. That is to say, consider their ROF 1 for special Elite crews to be enclosed in a white background allowing for multiple hits. To say that an Elite Tiger crew has a 33% as opposed to a usual 16% chance of engaging another target at close range (usually experienced in an ASL scenario) given the known limitations of their systems seems a bit much to me (YMMV). This is especially so since a shot in ASL actually represents several shots over a flexible time of a two-minute turn. There are several more acceptable ways of denoting special Elite crews as previously mentioned, however IMHO to increase their ROF by 100% seems a bit much given the known limitations imposed by their vehicle.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I guess you could also have some specially made higher level crew counters but how often are you going to use them or even do you want to use them?

Do we have scenarios that represent a surprise attack on a tank park where the crews have to get to their tanks? I guess that could be fun.