DC placement and assault movement

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a half squad engineer with a DC in a cellar and in an adjacent hex a full engineer squad (both German) at ground floor and we are playing red barricades.

The full German engineer squad places smoke in the grd floor of the hex containing the half squad engineer (assuming it rolls < = 5 on its smoke placement) and then the half squad engineer moves upstairs from cellar to ground level (2MF's, because of smoke) then declares CX and places a DC in an adjacent hex containing a Russian unit (3mf's - 2 for placement into adjacent building + 1 for smoke).

My questions are:

1. Are we correct for Adding 1mf for smoke to place the DC - we did this because the rules state that the placement MF's are expended in the placers hex not the target hex.
  2. If the half squad was accompanied by a leader, I assume this would be classed as assault movement (only 1 location changed and not all movement factors used and CX would not need to be declared)

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
1 - If I follow correctly then for the second expenditure you do not pay the MF for the smoke in the placing unit's location. You pay the cost as if you were entering the hex where you place the DC (in this case just 2MF for the building.) However, for purposes of DFF those MF are spent in the placing units location.

2 - Yes it could be declared an assault move.