Chessmaster 11 is on the way!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I received the following Ubisoft email today:

Dear Friends, Hello!

This is Josh Waitzkin. As you probably know from my Academy, chess is much more than a game to me. It is an art, a science, a sport, yes—but beyond all else it is a vehicle for self-exploration. My love for chess is fueled by its power as a metaphor for life. Chess is a teacher. And I am, if anything, a learner.

Now, I am excited to tell you that my new book, The Art of Learning, is coming out today! The story begins with my discovery of chess in Washington Square Park as a six-year-old boy, and it ends with a narrative of the 2004 Tai Chi Chuan Push Hands World Championships—the most intense experience of my life. In between are my ideas, my joys and pains, my pursuit of excellence in chess and the martial arts. The book comes from my heart. I hope you find it compelling.

Also, I want all of you to know that we are currently working on an exciting new version of Chessmaster® - more information on that will be coming soon.

I wish you the very best!

Josh
Yipee! At long last, our prayers have been answered! :clap:

Also, Gamestop is reporting that a Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition is now listed for both the PSP and Nintendo DS for later this year.

PS: However, I do find it interesting that Josh has written a book on chess. Not too long ago, I recall reading an article in which he stated he was done with the high-pressure world of competitive chess. I guess that doesn't include books about the high-pressure world of chess. ;)

Last edited:

RacingTurtle

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hello!

Just wondering if there is any new information. By saying "more information on that will be coming soon." I was hoping to hear something next few months... well, now the "few months" are over...

Do you have still some contact?

regards,
R.Turtle

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello!

Just wondering if there is any new information. By saying "more information on that will be coming soon." I was hoping to hear something next few months... well, now the "few months" are over...

Do you have still some contact?

regards,
R.Turtle
Yea, you and I both. I haven't heard a peep since that initial release. Truth be told, I didn't really expect anything until the Fall/Winter when all the big titles are released for the shopping season.

As soon as I know more, I'll post it here.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is an update concerning Chessmaster! Seems there will be two new programs, one for the PC and one for the Nintendo DS!

You can read the press release here.