Canal Overlays?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'd forgotten about that. I think I came up with a list of board combinations that would work with, but I can't find it at the moment.
Didn't make a list, but I counted up the combinations, based on bd3 + one of 33 other boards, with a total of 46 configurations that "work" with my canal overlay.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After reading this thread and realizing this was a terrain feature that would be nice to have, and having finished most of my ASL tasks, I made a few alternate-hexgrain canal overlays for my DYO extension. I used my embankment railroad overlays for my template, giving me a base canal width which would make it fairly easy to modify the existing EmRR overlays to make them canals. Here are three basic canal overlays: 1) single hex, 2) three hex, and 3) transition from hexgrain to alternate-hexgrain. All have multiple layers so you can chance the orientation (i.e., top or bottom hexgrain and 4 different transition possibilities). These overlays are meant to support VASL DYO scenarios, so probably not useful for designers making scenario packs or other printed material, however, hopefully the thread will motivate others to create such material.
27229 27230 27231

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Suggestion: "transparent" versions so that other hex terrain can continue to exist

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would vote for a rural map with a canal.
We only have an urban map with one.