C5.1 - Firing outside CA

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
During the opponent's MPh, a T34-85 (360 degree Gun mount) changes its TCA (only) 2 hexspines in order to DFF against a target. It fires its CMG and then its MA (no ROF). Another target comes into view and in order to Intensive Fire on it, the T34-85 has to change its TCA one more hexspine.

As regards its only it C5.1 TH penalty for changing TCA on the second shot (only): would the T34-85 pay +3 (total number of hexspines changed in that phase) or +1 (the number of hexspines changed for that second shot)? Also, could you give me a rules citation, because I don't seem to be able to find it, although I'm certain I've read it.

Thanks,

Commie

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
During the opponent's MPh, a T34-85 (360 degree Gun mount) changes its TCA (only) 2 hexspines in order to DFF against a target. It fires its CMG and then its MA (no ROF). Another target comes into view and in order to Intensive Fire on it, the T34-85 has to change its TCA one more hexspine.

As regards its only it C5.1 TH penalty for changing TCA on the second shot (only): would the T34-85 pay +3 (total number of hexspines changed in that phase) or +1 (the number of hexspines changed for that second shot)? Also, could you give me a rules citation, because I don't seem to be able to find it, although I'm certain I've read it.
+1 only. D3.51.

JR

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
+1 only. D3.51.

JR

Thanks so much. One more quick related question, if you don't mind . . .

Let's assume instead of a T34-85, it were a Panther with a Slow Turret Traverse. On the second shot, would the Panther have to pay +1 or +2? In other words, does that +2 only count for the very first time you turn the turret or does it apply every time you take a shot for the first hexspine traversed?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Let's assume instead of a T34-85, it were a Panther with a Slow Turret Traverse. On the second shot, would the Panther have to pay +1 or +2? In other words, does that +2 only count for the very first time you turn the turret or does it apply every time you take a shot for the first hexspine traversed?
The first CA spine change for a particular attack costs +2 for a ST or RST vehicle, regardless of whether it has changed TCA before or not. For a Panther the DRM on the first attack is +3 and is +2 on the second attack. This is regardless of whether the Panther kept ROF or not.

JR

Last edited:

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The first CA spine change for a particular attack costs +2 for a ST or RST vehicle, regardless of whether it has changed TCA before or not. For a Panther he DRM on the first attack is +3 and is +2 on the second attack. This is regardless of whether the Panther kept ROF or not.

JR
Awesome - thanks, man.