C2.5 Conditional ROF and C10.54 Portee ROF

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A 6-Pounder (57L AT) is en portee in a 3-ton truck. It fires at a target within its CA and rolls a cdr '3'.

1. Does it maintain ROF?

2. If so, would it also have maintained ROF if it had changed CA (i.e., VCA) to fire?

BRITISH MULTI-APPLICABLE ORDNANCE NOTES
B
In a scenario set between 1941 and 8/1943 inclusive, this gun may be carried en portee, (C10.5). The 25LL AT may be porteed only by a15-cwt truck, the 40L AT only by a 30-cwt lorry, and the 57L AT or 75 ART only by a 3-ton lorry. The 57L AT (only) may be fired by its Passenger crew while being porteed.
C2.5 CONDITIONAL ROF:
The multiple ROF of a non-vehicular NT Gun [EXC: 76-82mm mortar] is lowered by one for its next shot in the current phase if it changes its CA for that shot. If that Gun has no Multiple ROF to lower, it is instead covered with an Intensive Fire counter (5.6) after that shot (even if it did not use Intensive Fire), thus indicating that it cannot use Intensive Fire for the duration of the current Player Turn [EXC: OVR Prevention; 5.64].
C10.54 PORTEE FIRE:
Certain Guns (see applicable Ordnance Notes) may be fired by their Passenger crew while being porteed [EXC: Bounding (First) Fire and Motion Fire are NA]. Mounted Fire penalties (D6.72) are NA.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't see anything that lowers the ROF of a gun en portee. British vehicle note 77, the 2lbr en portee, retains the ROF of 3. I would treat the two-counter combos the same as the single counter representing that phenom. Retains ROF and is treated as a NT weapon on the vehicle. Fire away.