Brt Cgiii Vasl Pbem

Hexagoner

Reaction score
This is it - the big Kahuna! Looking for a long-term commitment to play this beast. I have previously played CG III as the Japanese side, but will happily take either side. Although I usually play IFT, I don't care whether IFT ot IIFT.

Because of my schedule, PBEM is really the only way for me. I am almost always able to turn around logs within 48 hours, and within a day about half of the time.

Please PM or email me if interested.

Thanks,
hex

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
<SIGH>

If I only knew Beach landings.....

Peace

Roger

Honus

Reaction score
How long would it take to finish BRT III by email, with one mail every 2 days? You might not finish before the gamer's guide comes out.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
"How long would it take to finish BRT III by email"

No doubt it would be a commitment. But I have to admit, I cannot stand playing VASL live, too slow. Drives me nuts.

<SHRUG>

To each their own....

Peace

Roger

Honus

Reaction score
"How long would it take to finish BRT III by email"
No doubt it would be a commitment. But I have to admit, I cannot stand playing VASL live, too slow. Drives me nuts.
<SHRUG>
To each their own....
Peace
Roger
Guess you just have played the wrong people. I find that play time with experienced people rates pretty well compared to ftf play, sometimes even faster in the case of monsters like RB or BRT. Now, there was one guy I played recently who must have been reading the entire rulebook between moving each individual counter. That guy was slow indeed!

Honus

Reaction score
Seriously, how long will it take you to complete the Campaign?

Hexagoner

Reaction score
A sugar daddy of a CG!

Seriously, how long will it take you to complete the Campaign?
Well, since I'm the Marine player I will need to pass a series of PMCs the first few dates - the carnage will be tremendous. If I can't pass those, this baby will be over really soon.:cry:

However, if I can get a toehold on at least 2 beaches and hang in there, this could go quite a bit longer. If we can keep up a good regular pace and there aren't too many errors along the way, my guess is we could finish it in about 18 months. Perfectly acceptable to me...the one thing I have in abundance with ASL is time.

I'm really looking forward to getting this baby underway! So many toys, so much firepower.

hex

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
If I only knew Beach landings.....
Just FYI, BRT doesn't use PTO Terrain or Landing Craft rules. The biggest Terrain-rules prob is on land - getting the proper Bog DRM squared away in conjunction w/ F7.3. Amphib action in BRT is limited to Wading G13.42.

Hexagoner

Reaction score
Get the Gamers Guide!

Just FYI, BRT doesn't use PTO Terrain or Landing Craft rules. The biggest Terrain-rules prob is on land - getting the proper Bog DRM squared away in conjunction w/ F7.3. Amphib action in BRT is limited to Wading G13.42.
100% agree. This is one of the benefits of the BRT Games Guide - comes with charts of all of the movement and bog values, by vehicle, by terrain. No more looking it up!!

hex

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
"Just FYI, BRT doesn't use PTO Terrain or Landing Craft rules."

WOW I thought it did. May have to re-look at that bad boy.....

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
"Just FYI, BRT doesn't use PTO Terrain or Landing Craft rules."

WOW I thought it did. May have to re-look at that bad boy.....
No, it uses LVT's and BIG guns ala Wile E Coyote hiding under a small umbrella waiting for a HUGE rock to fall on him.....:nuts:

:ciao:

Hexagoner

Reaction score
Firepower, Firepower

No, it uses LVT's and BIG guns ala Wile E Coyote hiding under a small umbrella waiting for a HUGE rock to fall on him.....:nuts:

:ciao:
Yup! Nothing like seeing one of those huge 140L Guns smack a loaded LVT, or a 36FP Marine stack led by one of their 10-3 superleaders blast a pillbox! LOTSA firepower!:yummy:

hex