Bounding First Fire 2018 - Blackpool.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
This is possibly the final update prior to the tournament. Copying it here as well as other places just to ensure I've caught as many people as I possibly can. Again, I urge anyone interested to pick up the website as it's now fully developed with bits and bobs being added all the time BFBlackpool

Hi everyone. Three weeks away from the tournament and a few things to update you on....

The Minis
Simon tells me we only have a handful of takers for the Minis as it stands, only enough in fact to have one Mini running.... I'm sure many of you are planning to participate in which case, and so he can organise in good time, please drop a line with any preference to BFPminis@outlook.com. All the mini details including scenario scans are on the website.

The Saturday Night Quiz.
Will be mental. And we've got a cracking prize for it. I urge as many people as possible to take part.

Stuff for Sale
Second Chance Games will be setting up stall on Saturday. Bring money. Lots.
Also, I still have two Raaco Handy Boxes cases (4 boxes in each) to sell, almost fully set up with inserts. I will bring them only if there is any interest in someone having a look at buying them. Please let me know if you are.
1541249443562.png

Bounding Fire Blackpool - Tournament Rules
  • General Etiquette
    • Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the building.
    • Drinking is definitely NOT prohibited but please be mindful of equipment in rooms, and people concentrating playing games.
    • Please avoid noisy conversations near to games which are in play
    • Strictly no "kibitzing" unless expressly agreed by both players involved in the game
  • General Tournament Rules
    • Dice towers or appropriate alternatives must be used
    • IFT is the default. IIFT may be used if both players agree
    • The tournament uses the official 2nd Edition rules including all current errata.
    • Tournament Directors will NOT adjudicate on rules disputes.
    • Late scenario arrivers (just in case)
      • 10-20 minutes late - Forfeit choice of scenario
      • 20-30 minutes late - Forfeit choice of side
      • 30+ minutes late - Forfeit scenario
  • Main Tournament - Special Rules
    • Format will be groups of four, randomly drawn, three games per group. Group winners will contest semi finals (randomly drawn again). Consequent winners will compete the final. This is potentially subject to change (depending on numbers)
    • In the event of a tie at the end of the group games, the winner will be decided on the basis of count back where possible or, failing that, on the sum of Crusader Ladder points earned, highest wins.
    • Due to the special nature of the five scenarios being utilised there may be rare occasions where a specific SW/Counter are not available to the players. I urge players to please use their initiative in how to handle this. For example a standard Germany 3-8MG can easily be substituted for a German 2-7MG.
    • Timescales will be confirmed before each scenario to be played.
    • The morning (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) scenarios are relatively straightforward affairs and must finish by the set time.
    • There will be strict restrictions placed on setup times (for both attacker and defender). Any counters not down at the end of the time period are considered to have "not arrived at the front".
    • The afternoon (Friday and Saturday) scenarios will have an end time. However, with the agreement of both players (prior to game start), finish times are more flexible. Scenarios MUST be finished on the day though. In the event both players are happy to waive the finish time then setup times become flexible.
    • Sides are chosen in the standard way. Both players make a secret choice for sides. Only in the event of a tie are sides chosen by dice roll with the 'losing' player receiving the balance.
    • A 30 minute warning will be issued prior to scenario end time.
    • In the event of the scenario not ending on time players are encouraged to agree on the victor. If they cannot then the following applies:
      • Players will individually have 60 seconds to "make their case".
      • An adjudication panel consisting of Martin Mayers, Simon Staniforth, and Pete Phillips will then study the situation and secretly vote to choose a winner. Their decision is final.
  • The Minis - Special Rules
    • Time rulings above apply.
    • Scenario choice and sides will be decided in the standard way.
      • Both players secretly choose their scenario to discard.
      • They secretly then choose their preferred and second preference scenario
      • If both choose the same preferred scenario then that one is chosen with balance decided as per the main tournament rules above.
      • If players choose different scenarios then make the final choice by random dr. Winner gets scenario choice, loser gets balance.
  • The Open Mini (Final Crisis at Blackpool) - Special Rules
    • Open timescales - Play this scenario at any point throughout the weekend. Take as long as you wish.
    • Choose sides as per the rules above
    • For this scenario the individual prize victors are chosen as follows:
      • Best British Commander = Restricted British FP placed on the waterhole to the least.
      • Best Japanese Commander = Achieved most British FP placed on the waterhole.
      • Tie breaks resolved by number of CVP inflicted whilst achieving the above. If necessary the ladder point system above will be the last resort.
Any questions regarding any of the above, or general issues (including booking the hotel), just get in touch.

Regards

Martin