BFP 39 Langoan Airfield

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Just some simple observations with the SSR.

Currently playing the scenario, so we made some assumptions.
SSR's
1. What is the Weather?
9.1 AIR DROP: Paratroops can be dropped in a scenario only
if the weather is Clear, Mud, Mist, Gusty, or Snow (not Falling
Snow).

No conditions are stated on the card.
We assumed Clear, as 95% of weather in WWII was perfect. (probably the biggest drawback....it never rains in the Pacific? or in EU?)

4. What is the point with this SSR? Snipers (the Japanese one) doesn't show up until turn 2 per the rule, and then changes on turn 3. It's oddly worded and can really just be a 3 from turn 2. Does the SAN of 2 to 3 really make a difference in the game?

Oddly enough the vehicle in some BFP literature has 19 MP's where the Card shows 20 MP. It's a cool vehicle. Pretty much has only ONE route to get to airfield...ROFL my next point.
2. Setup Pillbox <= 2 hexes from an airfield hex. Ok, except airfield isn't defined in the RB. RUNWAY's are defined. It could be interpreted to include the round finger offshoots of the Dirt Runway. Maybe RUNWAY hex was the intent? I don't know...My opponent played RUNWAY=Airfield.
It could "stretch" the locations of the pillboxes.

So far....1 entire wing sailed off the map...none landed on Initial DP's and the Drift hexes were B and GG and T....Lost both MMG's and DEMO and 2 squads on the drop due to proximity off map...FUN FUN. But that is what makes the PARA scenarios fun..TBH...you can't cry about your shit drops...

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I believe the rule book states “weather is clear” unless specified by SSR.