apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see in the profiles section where you can place your avatar - but it wants a URL. Is there any way someone (like me) who has no website can attach an avatar to their profile?

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Currently, Avatars require that an image be publicly available somewhere on the net. There are a few ways to do so:

• Link to an existing image
    Ask someone who has a website to let you copy an image there
    Hope that the ASL Forums administrator opens up Avatar uploading
I've disabled avatar uploads for now, because I do have diskspace limitations, and I don't know how much the forums and OARS will need. If I see that diskspace won't be a problem, I'll allow Avatar uploading.

Nat

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ABills said:
I see in the profiles section where you can place your avatar - but it wants a URL. Is there any way someone (like me) who has no website can attach an avatar to their profile?
If anyone simply does not have access to webspace for this, let me know and I can host some (below 10k) picts. Also, please try to keep the pixel lenght to 70 per the moderator's wishes.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BrianW gratiously allowed me to place my avatar on his website. I much prefer my hero counter to my other counter in the mix.

John B.

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can place a graphics on one of my websites for anyone that needs to link to it for avatar purposes.

Also if anyone wants me to create a ASL counter-like avatar for them I would do that. Just email me a desciption of what you want and I'll create it, post it on a website and email you the url to link to it for avatar upload.

da priest

Reaction score
John B. said:
I can place a graphics on one of my websites for anyone that needs to link to it for avatar purposes.

Also if anyone wants me to create a ASL counter-like avatar for them I would do that. Just email me a desciption of what you want and I'll create it, post it on a website and email you the url to link to it for avatar upload.
Just noticed your avatar died

you still posting avatars for guys?

John B.

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks,
I'm not sure what happened but its back now.

Yes, I am still posting for anyone who wants one made or needs a place to park one they already have.

They just need to let me know.

John

GazMarsh

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
You've made a small mistake in your avatar setup - you've got ftp: rather than http:

I've just set up your pic as my own avatar to prove it works :)

Regards,

Garry.

John B.

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Richard,
Sorry 'bout that - I must've sent my ftp link to you rather than the appropriate http link for uploading. I see you've got it fixed now though.
Looks good!
John

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Testing my AVATAR!

Hi

Just testing my Avatar! :D
Announcement to come :!:
ON TOP ASL Scenarios ON1-ON6 Free, downloadable as PDF files from WEB-site (also listed on ROAR)!

"Scenario ON3 Lend Lease Attack played at ASLOK by
Steve Swann
Lee Conner
Anthony Flanagan
Ross Sutton
Robert Morieson
Michael Faulkner
Mike McGrath
Dave Ginnard
Mark Nixon
Aaron Cleavin"

/ola