ASLSK Errata

richfam

Reaction score
The question of where the ASLSK errata can be found was asked in a couple of recent threads, so I thought I'd provide a summary.

First, two important notes:

* With the exception of an errata sheet for ASLSK #1 that can be found on the MMP web site, MMP has not issued any official ASLSK errata separate from the rulebooks.

* To date, the ASLSK rulebooks have not been corrected when a Starter Kit is reprinted. They are being reprinted "as is."

Thus, the only way to get the complete rulebook "errata" for a specific Starter Kit is to purchase the next Starter Kit. So, for example, you cannot get a complete list of errata for ASLSK #1, or purchase a corrected version of the ASLSK #1 rulebook... you have to use the ASLSK #2 rulebook instead. Similarly, you cannot get a list of errata for ASLSK #2, or purchase a corrected ASLSK #2 rulebook... you have to use the ASLSK #3 rulebook instead.

The only way to get all of the ASLSK errata corrections to-date is to use the ASLSK #3 rulebook, which officially takes precedence over the two earlier rulebooks. And, truthfully, the ASLSK #3 rulebook is a MUCH better rulebook than the previous two, in terms of getting the rules right. MMP made a major effort in error cleanup in preparing the #3 rules. Of course, the new rules sections that were added to ASLSK #3 (AFVs) do have their share of errors and omissions (much to my chagrin, as I was one of the proofreaders :angry: ).

It's not clear how MMP will handle the errors in the ASLSK #3 rulebook, since I am not aware of any plans for an ASLSK #4, and the other ASLSK products that are being planned supposedly will not come with a rulebook, but only boards, counters, and scenarios.

In the meantime, I am maintaining an unofficial list of ASLSK #3 errata, compiled mostly from the discussions on ConsimWorld, here:

Unofficial ASLSK #3 Errata
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/169281

Please feel free to reuse or repost the material in that list as you see fit, but keep in mind that it is all strictly unofficial and it does not reflect any rulings on the part of MMP.

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This should be sticky

This should be sticky so that others will see it.

Jay thanks very much for the response.

JT

richfam

Reaction score
Larry Davidson has just posted an ASLSK #3 Errata and Q&A document that is somewhat more thorough than the list that I have been maintaining. His document is available as an attachment over on ConsimWorld, or as a downloadable file from BoardGameGeek. Here's the link to the download page on BGG:

ASLSK #3 Q&A and Errata --- 12-07
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/28772

Also, after reviewing some old posts over on CSW, I am reminded that designer Ken Dunn has stated on several occasions that he plans to include complete, official errata for the ASLSK #3 rules in the ASLSK Action Pack product that he is currently developing.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have added new links--including these, I believe--in the 'sticky' ASLSK Resources thread above.

:)