ASLSK#1 Opponents in South Jersey

ireland94

Starter Kit Teacher/Mento
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Norlin,
If you indeed are a SK player and are looking for training, I am happy to oblige.

I have been mentoring/training new players for many years.

I do not charge rather I am spreading the word of ASL.

Do a search on my name (ireland94) here or at BGG.

Drop me an email at ireland94@embarqmail.com

Please provide your first and last name to make Microsoft Outlook happy.

I will send you 8 emails of stuff including recommendations for seting up VASL preferences.

Pat

Norlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
@DiceGodHeretic I moved down from Lawrenceville, NJ...played a while up North at a school there and attended a few Winter Offensives, Albany ASL tournaments and one N'oreaster about 8-10 years ago but had kids so stopped playing ASL for quite some time now. Looking to get back into it, would definitely love to attend anything in Philadelphia or in the area.

@xenovin what is the website to join?

@ireland94 thanks Patrick, I had hosted some of your ASL intro stuff in the past on my website, not sure how much you used it back then though. Really just looking for F2F games at the moment and mostly full ASL games unless I'm teaching someone to play or they want to play SK only.

Last edited:

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Norlin - your in on the yahoo group. I'm in Levittown PA area so about 50 minutes from you. Too bad your not still in Lawrenceville!

Vinny

DiceGodHeretic

Professional Conflict Stimulator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome Norlin to the Philly ASL Group. It's a great bunch of active ASL players. I think we are one of the largest ASL-dedicated, geographically-defined groups in the country.

Did not know you had moved from Lawrenceville when I wrote to you. I hope the PA-centric nature of the group does not lessen your interest. But we draw from a wide geographic area. I believe there are at least two other players living in S. Jersey in the group.

Don't hesitate to reach out to some of the players who post in the Interest Group to set up a F2F. Jim Quinn, the group's Master of Communications and Eastern Front expert, will be in touch and may ask if you want to set up a "Meet and Greet" with some other members. If it is not to far East I may attend. Looking forward to meeting you in the future.
Mark "DGH"

Norlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks everyone. I posted to the Yahoo group, just waiting for it to pass moderation as I'm a new member :p Would love a meet and greet, or better yet, dive straight in to some F2F games! Would host or travel in the nearby vicinity (Philly, S.Jersey)

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Thanks everyone. I posted to the Yahoo group, just waiting for it to pass moderation as I'm a new member :p Would love a meet and greet, or better yet, dive straight in to some F2F games! Would host or travel in the nearby vicinity (Philly, S.Jersey)
Michael - you are now "unmoderated"! It seems to work best if you put out your availability 3+ weeks out and you can get a game lined up. Posting i'm free tomorrow doesn't seem to work as everyone is so busy these days. There's a guy near Atlantic City and another near Long Branch but the guys in Chester County are probably closest to you. And don't worry about playing at other player's houses. First time my wife said "you are going to the house of somebody you met on the internet? Their probably an ax murder!" well, I said I doubt an ASL player is an ax murder but if they are, I will at least get to play some ASL!

Norlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I have no problem meeting wherever, played plenty of various games at people's houses I met on the Internetz...am still alive today.

sambruzs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, I'm from NJ... what Yahoo group are you talking about??