ASLSK#1 Opponents in South Jersey

GmanFan

Recruit
Reaction score
I'm a ASLSK noob looking for opponents in south jersey. Drop me a line if your interested in setting up a game or if you know of any groups playing ASL in SJ.

Thanks

DiceGodHeretic

Professional Conflict Stimulator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
GmanFan,
I am not sure about S Jersey, but we have a growing group of ASL players in SE PA and Delaware; some who live in Philly, Bucks Co, and Newark DE, who may live relatively close to you. We have a Yahoo! Group called teamSTAVKAasl and have recently created a Guild on Board Game Geek. Check those sites out if you wish.

Our group has over ten members attending Winter Offensive next weekend. If your are going to WO look for us and we'll get you assimilated. That is where I was discovered the group last year. It is a great group of ASL fans with a wide variety of experience - many who are SK players like yourself.
DiceGodHeretic

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Hey Mark,

Does commissar Quinn know you are out recruiting?! Mays Landing is a little far from Philly but we try and meet once a month at a game shop (Red Caps Game Emporium) in Philly to play SK/ASL. Hoep you can make it!

Vinny

DiceGodHeretic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Vinny,
Didn't Jim give you a quota, too? I'm just trying to make my number.:)

Looking forward to WO. Save an AM, Early PM, or Late PM slot for a scenario for me Saturday or Sunday. I may be coming down for Friday AM and Early PM, too.

I may buy a dice tower.:D
Mark (DGH)

dynaman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Mark: I just applied to the yahoo group you mentioned. I live near Atlantic City and would like to follow any "local" ASL discussion. Though Philly and DE are a bit further then I would like to travel most of the time I may make it out once in a while.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Hey Vinny,
Didn't Jim give you a quota, too? I'm just trying to make my number.:)

Looking forward to WO. Save an AM, Early PM, or Late PM slot for a scenario for me Saturday or Sunday. I may be coming down for Friday AM and Early PM, too.

I may buy a dice tower.:D
Mark (DGH)
DG Hater, the more you roll the more you will pay homage to the dice gods :) BTW - I don't think anyone sells dice towers at WO. You missed your chance at ASLOK. Maybe next year. I'm always up for a game so bring something that you want to play. I have a draft 4 board SK scenario with lots of infantry and a few tanks if you have some big beer muscles.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Hi Mark: I just applied to the yahoo group you mentioned. I live near Atlantic City and would like to follow any "local" ASL discussion. Though Philly and DE are a bit further then I would like to travel most of the time I may make it out once in a while.
Dynaman, I'm the gate keeper at our yahoo site - welcome aboard! I'm guessing there must be some players in the Cherry Hill area, we just need to dig them up for you! You will see postings on gaem days so look forward to seeing you at one of them. Best,

Vinny

DiceGodHeretic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Dynaman,
Like Vinnie says in his post below. Adding...We get together informally and irregularly at several locations in SE PA. Occasionally at Red Cap's corner in University City (Philly). I live an hour away from there, as do several members. I would guess you are about the same coming from AC, so keep an eye on the Yahoo! Group page for the next meet. Hope you can join us.
DiceGodHeretic

DiceGodHeretic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dice Towers, MEH! - who needs them anyway - not us Heretics, we have our Bell Jars.

I think I will bring my undimpled dice this time. I am losing faith in those MMP dice.

Sure, I'll "tussle" with you over yer "draft 4 board" thing a ma jig. Just name the time and day!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are active players in Jersey. Dan Dolan, Dave Deresinski, Gary Mei, Paul Sidhu. While these are all guys who play ASL rather than SK, I'm sure anyone of them would be willing to help. They are north of you, I believe in the NW northern parts of the state. I will let them know you are on here. If nothing else, maybe they can get in touch with you. Also, there is an ASL player locater map, you would have to google it as I do not have the site, but it is a great resoure to find people in your area as well.
I'm a ASLSK noob looking for opponents in south jersey. Drop me a line if your interested in setting up a game or if you know of any groups playing ASL in SJ.

Thanks

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
There are active players in Jersey. Dan Dolan, Dave Deresinski, Gary Mei, Paul Sidhu. While these are all guys who play ASL rather than SK, I'm sure anyone of them would be willing to help. They are north of you, I believe in the NW northern parts of the state. I will let them know you are on here. If nothing else, maybe they can get in touch with you. Also, there is an ASL player locater map, you would have to google it as I do not have the site, but it is a great resoure to find people in your area as well.
I think the most southern of that crew is in the Woodbridge area. When are they going to venture out of their north Jersey stronghold?!

DiceGodHeretic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the most southern of that crew is in the Woodbridge area. When are they going to venture out of their north Jersey stronghold?!
Vinnie, as my daughter would say, "I know! Like, right!?" I was going to reply along the same lines.

I mean, what does a guy from Mass know about the difference between North and South Jersey. Bridges and 'Burbs versus the Barrens and Beaches? Giants versus Eagles? Knicks versus Sixers? The only thing they have in common is the NJ Turnpike, a hatred for the Dallas Cowboys, and that 'biggest' of all Dallas fans - Gov. Christie <rim shot>. But I wasn't sure how Gmanfan or dynaman would feel about it, so I thought "fuhgetaboudim". :laugh:

Last edited:

dynaman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know that Paul Sidhue makes it down here in the summer, he tried to set up a game with me but I was already booked for that week. Hopefully this year will work out.

If any Cherry Hill area players show up that would work, getting there takes just about as long as Philly but no need to cross the bridges... (really, those stinking things are like jail cell doors)

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My wife used to live down there before we met. After that, why would I WANT to know anything. Hell, even the Nets left town.
Vinnie, as my daughter would say, "I know! Like, right!?" I was going to reply along the same lines.

I mean, what does a guy from Mass know about the difference between North and South Jersey. Bridges and 'Burbs versus the Barrens and Beaches? Giants versus Eagles? Knicks versus Sixers? The only thing they have in common is the NJ Turnpike, a hatred for the Dallas Cowboys, and that 'biggest' of all Dallas fans - Gov. Christie <rim shot>. But I wasn't sure how Gmanfan or dynaman would feel about it, so I thought "fuhgetaboudim".

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States

I mean, what does a guy from Mass know about the difference between North and South Jersey. Bridges and 'Burbs versus the Barrens and Beaches? Giants versus Eagles? Knicks versus Sixers? The only thing they have in common is the NJ Turnpike, a hatred for the Dallas Cowboys, and that 'biggest' of all Dallas fans - Gov. Christie <rim shot>. But I wasn't sure how Gmanfan or dynaman would feel about it, so I thought "fuhgetaboudim". :laugh:
Wow Mark - that's a lot of smack about my boss :) I'd actually like to get our Philly gang and some kind of Jersey crew together and throw some dice. It would be a pretty big crowd.

Carlos - have you actually seen the Nets record? We all helped build the bridge to Brooklyn to help them "escape" NJ :)

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Valid point. They are in the suck for a lottery pick sweepatakes, as are the Celtics.
Wow Mark - that's a lot of smack about my boss :) I'd actually like to get our Philly gang and some kind of Jersey crew together and throw some dice. It would be a pretty big crowd.

Carlos - have you actually seen the Nets record? We all helped build the bridge to Brooklyn to help them "escape" NJ :)

Norlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reviving this old thread, just moved to Voorhees, NJ which is very close to Cherry Hill. If anyone plays in the area I would be interested.

DiceGodHeretic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reviving this old thread, just moved to Voorhees, NJ which is very close to Cherry Hill. If anyone plays in the area I would be interested.
Hi Norlin,
Where did you move from? Have you ever lived in Jersey before now? Not like I am a native (I live an hour west of Philly), but S.Jersey is considered the suburbs of Philadelphia, and N.Jersey is considered the suburbs of New York. Since you live in S.Jersey you fall into the Philly ASL Club's turf. I'd recommend you join as there are several players who live in Delaware County, PA, which should be a 20 minute drive for you. Don't think of those bridges as barriers - you'll get used to the tolls soon enough, just get an EasyPass.

I am sure Xenovin will respond to your post soon too, I may even e-prod him about it. Vinny (Xenovin) is the 'webmaster' of the PhillyASL club's Yahoo interest site. Get a feed from this site, as we have some active members in the ASL community who keep the rest of us informed as to what is going on. Plus Vinny is a scenario developer and frequent traveler to the MMP monthly playtests. Yes! Mecca (I believed pronounced Mecker in S Jersey) is just two hours south of you in Maryland. Some of our Delaware and N. Maryland members travel there irregularly too.

We have players at all levels, so don't hesitate to join no matter what experience level you have. The group is a friendly one. In fact one of the members is sponsoring an ASL game event at his house in early May. It would be a good time to meet the guys who live closest to you who are in the club as the event will be held about 25 minutes from your house. I'll get Vinny to reach out to you.
Welcome,
DiceGodHeretic (Mark)

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Norlin - we roll dice so let us know if ever interested. Best, Vinny