ASL and the StG-44

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I was one of the first to jump on the ASL bandwagon, I was sick and tired of saying lets play such and such scenario, and then trying to figure out if you and I were using SL rules (paraphrasing here) 5.923 or 5.901c and COI rules 3.9930 or 3.750 and COD rules 2.11 or 2.11c and GI 1.091, 1.2, 1.5.6 or 1.555.6 that was a nightmare, not to mention looking up the stuff in those booklets and then the General Q&A's to boot, oh I don't have that issue of the General so we can't use that sub rule...it was a total mess...

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was one of the first to jump on the ASL bandwagon, I was sick and tired of saying lets play such and such scenario, and then trying to figure out if you and I were using SL rules (paraphrasing here) 5.923 or 5.901c and COI rules 3.9930 or 3.750 and COD rules 2.11 or 2.11c and GI 1.091, 1.2, 1.5.6 or 1.555.6 that was a nightmare, not to mention looking up the stuff in those booklets and then the General Q&A's to boot, oh I don't have that issue of the General so we can't use that sub rule...it was a total mess...
Not to mention moving everyone back along their appropriately remembered movement route to the "track" marker you had placed during the MPh. Now was the hindrance for that smoke 1 or 3 or do we roll for it each time we fire through the smoke counter; and I'm pretty sure I fired once with that ROF unit and should have at two more shots with it, or was that the other one?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not to mention moving everyone back along their appropriately remembered movement route to the "track" marker you had placed during the MPh. ...
This was one of the quantum leaps of ASL. B/c before the defense could watch you run the play and say "Oh I needed to be in cover 2, okay I can now create that by firing this unit over here..." One of the significant beauties of ASL is "make your decision now" not "okay let's go to the video tape and see how to derail this attack."