Another workshop?

ralphtrickey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are there any plans for another workshop? I had to drop out the the last one, I'm afraid. I've noticed several new people popping up.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Are there any plans for another workshop? I had to drop out the the last one, I'm afraid. I've noticed several new people popping up.
There were, but the holidays kind of intervened. If enough people show interest, Im sure we could get another going.

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Would you be able (time wise) to head up a team again, this time round, GS?
Hard to say right now- commitments elsewhere a little up in the air. Also depends when it starts and what's being played.

Another option is just to make it a permanent fixture here with some experienced 'owner' (maybe assuming the role for a while then handing on) matching folks up as they come on board. Keep using 2WIN since it seems well suited for introductory play. The tactics are defined/documented and can be added to in the threads (Allied or German) and they're just introductory non-ladder games (I think this is an important features to keep point sharks away).

Once the players gain experience they can move off to PBEM or regular tournament play.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hard to say right now- commitments elsewhere a little up in the air. Also depends when it starts and what's being played.

Another option is just to make it a permanent fixture here with some experienced 'owner' (maybe assuming the role for a while then handing on) matching folks up as they come on board. Keep using 2WIN since it seems well suited for introductory play. The tactics are defined/documented and can be added to in the threads (Allied or German) and they're just introductory non-ladder games (I think this is an important features to keep point sharks away).

Once the players gain experience they can move off to PBEM or regular tournament play.
That actally sounds like a good way to do it...

Zweihorn

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I´m a newbie to the game. I would be very interested in a workshop to improve my knowledge of the game.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Could we get the Allied and Axis sub-forums made public, please? If we plan to implement General Staff's idea, it would be valuable for the newbies to have access to both of those forums.
Are there any other newbies, in addition to Aweihorn, interested in participating?
Are there any veterans willing to lend a helping hand? It should be much easier this time round, as there will be substantially les games to offer advice on.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks to JL and CyberRanger for opening up both forums for all to see.

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Seconded 2904
Is that the start year for this (2904)?;)

Seriously lads, someone needs to Blitzkrieg this through. Volunteers? Sure I can help, but it's useful to vary the 'veteran' input. Heldenkaiser- where are you? Your skills- some hopefully learnt here- would be hugely useful as a team leader (for example).

Veers- you too on the other side. If I had to endorse two lads to head either side coming out of the last bash with something useful to show for it, it would be the two of you.

Last edited:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Is that the start year for this (2904)?;)

Seriously lads, someone needs to Blitzkrieg this through. Volunteers? Sure I can help, but it's useful to vary the 'veteran' input. Heldenkaiser- where are you? Your skills- some hopefully learnt here- would be hugely useful as a team leader (for example).

Veers- you too on the other side. If I had to endorse two lads to head either side coming out of the last bash with something useful to show for it, it would be the two of you.
Didn't catch the vote of confidence until today. Apreciate it. I guess we should run with it.

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Any interest in restarting this effort after the patch comes out?
Veers has new responsibilities now I believe. So really need him to chime in as to what he could commit to. Still happy to help myself though I think it's far more useful to pass around the torch so to speak.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Veers has new responsibilities now I believe. So really need him to chime in as to what he could commit to. Still happy to help myself though I think it's far more useful to pass around the torch so to speak.
Heh heh. Yes, I now have EA to develop, a new Italian Campaign to work on, and still have about 6-8 TOAW games going. I'm stretched pretty thin at this point. However, I'm sure I could devote some time each day, and time before hand to organize it. Being able to give advice out as often as you did, GS, I would not have the time for. So, what we need is two team captains and several lieutenants to come forward and then we'll advertise and get it running.