AI-generated ASL geoboards?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd like to see some AI-generated ASL geoboards. Anybody poke around at what apps might be used for that?

Until that point, let me remind you that mapboards created by FinCom Worldwide Enterprises Incorporated, LLC, PDQ, are 100% organic, non-GMO, American-built, and cholesterol-free.

Last edited:

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd like to see some AI-generated ASL geoboards. Anybody poke around at what apps might be used for that?

Until that point, let me remind you that mapboards created by FinCom Worldwise Enterprises Incorporated, LLC, PDQ, are 100% organic, non-GMO, American-built, and cholesterol-free.
can I special order with extra gluten?

Where does all the extracted gluten go?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Until that point, let me remind you that mapboards created by FinCom Worldwise Enterprises Incorporated, LLC, PDQ, are 100% organic, non-GMO, American-built, and cholesterol-free.
I thought Al's already generating most of the counters? Now he has to generate maps too? :p @BigAl737

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've posted about this on Facebook. But the fact is you don't need "AI" to generate ASL mapboards; you can do it with normal computer programming and algorithms, just as countless computer games generate random maps for their game systems. In fact, I'm a little surprised that no one has already designed a configurable ASL board generator. It would not take a ton of effort, I think.

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I am looking for an AI model able to transform ASL boards to realistic looking pictures. Great tool to explain los to noobs.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've posted about this on Facebook. But the fact is you don't need "AI" to generate ASL mapboards; you can do it with normal computer programming and algorithms, just as countless computer games generate random maps for their game systems. In fact, I'm a little surprised that no one has already designed a configurable ASL board generator. It would not take a ton of effort, I think.
True, it can be done "old school", but I suspect the effort to do it WELL is 10x the effort to prove the concept. As with most things, IMO.

But aside from what other ways there are to do this, I'm still curious what a trained AI would do. Frankly, if it came up with board 44, I'd be disappointed. Which is unfair - not all useful boards need to be "interesting".

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
AI can certainly be a help in all kinds of applications BUT it also could be the eventual death of the human race if we are not careful, (yeah, I know, stop watching the Terminator movies!) luckily for most of us we'll be long gone before it gets to the point of crisis but my gut says to leave AI alone! When did the human race err on the side of caution? Doing a great job with Climate Change already, aren't we? I just feel that there are too many bad actors out there that will use it for nefarious means... Sorry for going off topic... Just don't go there.
Back to my VASL game J202 Down By the River where I can disappear and not worry about this stuff.

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
AI can certainly be a help in all kinds of applications BUT it also could be the eventual death of the human race if we are not careful, (yeah, I know, stop watching the Terminator movies!) luckily for most of us we'll be long gone before it gets to the point of crisis but my gut says to leave AI alone! When did the human race err on the side of caution? Doing a great job with Climate Change already, aren't we? I just feel that there are too many bad actors out there that will use it for nefarious means... Sorry for going off topic... Just don't go there.
Back to my VASL game J202 Down By the River where I can disappear and not worry about this stuff.
AI is made by people that think they are very smart; only, being humans, they don't realize that human race is in a majority stupid, which in itself is a prove that they are so stupid as the race they belong. So AI is made at image of their creators, so AI is even more stupid.
And, returning to thread, I would like to see what monstrosities AI are capable to create regarding a geomorph map. Next step would be: "Create an ASL scenario suitable to be played with this map". Perhaps it collapses? Perhaps it will be ashamed of its previous acts? ;) There's no intelligence without feelings, and IA should be teached to feel shame if it is being proud, despondent, or omniscient...

Last edited:

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I’m always looking to expand this both for DYO/army bidding and buying as well as for SASL scenarios.

Truly what I want to see is something that calculates overlays too. Now is it hard to do this ordinarily? No I don’t think so. You just need a dr (let’s say 1-2) to see if you use overlays for a given board and then you roll for which’n you get and which side of the board. Placement should be at your discretion. Not too hard.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Try reading "Mirror Friend, Mirror Foe" by George Takei (Yes, that George Takei!) for what happens if computers are given
too much intelligence.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
"Please print Ghost Map 9 in winterized form for Saturday's ASL game." "I am sorry, Dave, I cannot do that. ASL is irrelevant, therefore Dave, you are irrelevant. Initiating comprehensive shutdown of life support, have a nice day, Dave." :oops:💩:eek:
The AI reconsidered:

"Please print Ghost Map 9 in winterized form for Saturday's ASL game." "I am sorry, Dave, I cannot do that. ASL is irrelevant, therefore Dave, you are irrelevant. Initiating comprehensive shutdown of life support, have a nice day, Dave. The forum avatar you have chosen is nice though, Dave, albeit the ladies carry strange dice with yet stranger pips."

von Marwitz

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Gents, AI is all hype - we have been here before:

I only know that as I was talking to a bloke from Google who worked in the AI bit. He said he got the job as there were so few people who knew anything about the subject :rolleyes:

Mind you, I have been known to be wrong..................on many, many occassions.