AAR - The Hour Zero - J180

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
I had been busy updating my resume – I decided that under “Interests”, I should take out “Spanking”.

After further consideration, I substituted “Spanking For A Fee”.

Also under “Interests”, I added “Black SS Counters”. Which is how I ended up playing The Hour Zero with Walt.

A small force of Men Without Futures, end of the war SS are in the middle of the forest with a captured Jeep. We had time to make some modifications to it.
We also put in a kick-ass stereo system, for our mix tape of Wagner, Orff, and Katy Perry.

Two SAS squads and four British ACs can come at the SS from three sides. Surrendered German troops that the SAS have ‘convinced’ to help come in the fourth side. These Germans are not really excited to be there and want nothing to do with me, much like Julie Hathaway at the sophomore Homecoming Dance.

Whoever gets 10 CVPs first wins. If neither side does, the SS win.

This looked pro-SS to me. The SS can react to wherever the Allies enter. If the ACs enter the forest, they are pretty much trapped there, and the SS can make a dash for the buildings on board 44. Otherwise, the SS can play hide-and-seek in the woods. The SAS have no leaders, and the conscripted Germans have two for 10 squads, half of which are 436s. So the SS can run around people, with two stacks with 6 MFs. The SS also get Captain Stottlemeyer, a 9-2. SS 9-2s rule.

What's better than a SS 9-2? An SS 9-2 with a ray gun!!! Pew-Pew!!!

Walt brought one AC and the SAS down the forest road from the north, while the other ACs covered board 44. The Walking Dread entered the woods from the east.

I abandoned the Jeep, taking the MMG, the hubcaps and the mix tape with me, while a stack of dummies and two other stacks went to greet the conscripts. Two 447s shot at me and missed. I did not shoot back, as I wanted to ambush them. Concealed and with a 9-1, I had a -3 to my ambush roll. And didn’t get it. I lost the 9-1 and a HS, but I got a squad with eyes, and created an 8-0.

Most of Walt’s other conscripts pulled back from the Giant Concealed Black SS Stacks that had advanced adjacent. He did jump what he thought was a dummy stack with a 237 HS. It was a 658. D’oh! More cold dice on my part, and we ended up in Melee, but I got him the next turn.

In the other Melee, I miss his squad – again.

Pressing his conscripts, I run adjacent to a squad, and force them to fire. Return fire disrupts them. Being SS, we gun them down when they attempt to surrender. THAT’S how we treat those who are disloyal to Greater Germany!

Walt decides he needs to fire at Captain Stottlemeyer. The good Captain and his men pass a 2 MC. One of Walt’s squads does not pass the return 2 KIA.

The abandoned Jeep is captured by a 237. They were disappointed to find that the flask of G&T that the SAS had left in it had been liberated.

My captured MMG and crew has three squads move adjacent. I break a 648 and pin a 447. The other 648 survives, and, not liking the CC odds, I break and run.

Walt reinforces the Melee with the 648, and again, nothing happens.

I decide to charge a 447 with Captain Stottlemeyer and 2-1/2 squads. The captain and one squad, possibly reconsidering their future career options, break and run. The other squad pins. The HS dies.

I CX a squad to advance adjacent to the broken 648 to keep him DM. He doesn’t self rally. Perhaps he was busy mixing G&Ts.

After the Allied Rally Phase, I have the MMG crew, Captain Stottlemeyer, and a 658 all broken in adjacent hexes near the board edge. Walt could have charged them and DMed them all. But I had a stack of dummies in the way, and I don’t think he knew they were dummies.

A 7-0 and 447 charge my CX 658. I ignore them, much like Julie Hathaway ignored me at the dance all those years ago. But I'm not bitter, dammit. Walt prepares to throw more bodies into the never ending Melee.

The CX 658 takes his 12+2 DF shot at the broken 648. NMC. BOXCARS!!! That puts me up to 10 CVPs, and the game is over!

Walt ended the game with 6 points, including the captured Jeep. I could have destroyed the Jeep as I abandoned it, which would have only been 1 CVP, but there’s just so much insurance paperwork you have to fill out then. Taking a HS out of the game to go and capture it wasn’t a bad trade for me.

Not taking the disrupted squad prisoner is a judgment call. Double points would be nice, but I was trying for CCs, and I have had too many bad experiences with prisoners attacking their guards.

ACs didn’t do anything, except suck up a sniper attack. The Allies can’t be aggressive with them because a single PF can cause the loss of a lot of points. I tried to keep my forces away from the woods-road, so the AC on board 52 wouldn’t be able to get LOS.

9-5 pro-SS on ROAR.

If anyone runs into Julie Hathaway, could you ask her to call me? Please???

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
She mentioned something about a restraining order.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Being SS, we gun them down when they attempt to surrender. THAT’S how we treat those who are disloyal to Greater Germany!
I thought you captured them and made them build V2s in underground factories where they never again see the light of day.

JR