Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A Melee pits three Hungarian 347 squads and a leader attacking two 447 Russian squads.
The Hungarian decides to lump two squads and the leader vs one squad (7-4 = 3-2 ratio).
His other attack will be one 347 vs the other 447 (3-4 = 1-2 ratio)
The Russian defender decides to attack only one squad and the leader accompanying it (8-4 = 2-1).
The Attacker rolls snakes, eliminating the squad they were attacking.
The result is infiltration and they leave the Location.
The 347 vs 447 results in ne.

What happens to the two 447?
Are they allowed to change their attack and turn against the remaining 347, or does their previously announced CC attack (vs the leader and his squad, which exfiltrated out of the place) lead them not to attack at all?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:( Robin,

I think the "Advanced Sequence of Play" may hold the answer. Of course, I don't have it here, but I believe you declare your attacks in one step, and then resolve them - so you are committed to the attack(s) you declared.

I think.

:(

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
What happens to the two 447?
Are they allowed to change their attack and turn against the remaining 347, or does their previously announced CC attack (vs the leader and his squad, which exfiltrated out of the place) lead them not to attack at all?
The latter. I'm sans ASOP now, but if you look at it you see that there is no option of redesignating targets for your CC.

Note though that if this had been sequential CC (Ambush etc.), then the second side would designate targets after the first side had made their attacks, thus avoiding such a situation.

But with non-sequential CC, you designate target before any roll, and are not allowed to change it afterwards. It is all in the ASOP.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
OK.
Now, Infiltration introduces sequential CC, so that is why I had some doubts...