A Life of ASL - Summary to date...

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
A few years ago I set myself a goal: play 1000 games of ASL by my 50th birthday.
That’s tomorrow, and I didn’t quite make it, but that’s ok.

Here’s a post about what I have managed though….

My first recorded game of ASL was in January 1993, almost 31 years ago.

Since that time I have played 902 scenarios and 44 playtest scenarios, so even adding them together I fell a bit short.

In the non-PT scenarios are 750+ different scenarios of which:
620+ played once
80 played twice
19 played three times
4 played four times
1 played five times

In that count are 10 CGs:
Singling
Op Watchtower
OVHS – Riley’s Road
Gavutu-Tanambogo
KGP CG 2
KGP CG 4
Bloody Buron
Purple Heart Draw
Pegasus Bridge (CG2)
Blood Reef Tarawa (CG 3)

I have started RB CG III (twice) and GSTK but didn’t finish any of them.

Over 700 of my results have been listed on ROAR, the first entry was made in December 1997. Only 3 were rated lowest with a “1”, while 20 were rated the highest at “9”. Included in the scenarios rated as a 9 are RB5 The Last Bid and LN13 Saito’s Farewell Order.

I have only played 8 products to completion:

Action at Carentan (CH)
AfrikaKorps Pack 1 (CH)
AfrikaKorps Pack 2 (CH)
Beyond the Beachhead 2nd Ed (BFP)
Dos Equis XX Pack (Texas)
Friendly Fire Pack 1 (FF)
LSSAH Pack 5 (LCP)
Provence Pack (MMP)

My opponents have been found far and wide and I have attended ASLOK 6 times (so far!)
I have played against 150 different people (some more different than others!) from more than 10 nations.
The two I have played against the most are Darryl (274 games) and Hennie (32), both of these fellows are good friends I have known for more than 20 years now (and both thanks to ASL). There are a few others I have played against more than 10 times.

334 of my games have been played FTF and the majority of the remainder via VASL.

I have had 5 scenarios published - 2 by MMP and 3 by DFTB.

Of all the scenarios currently on ROAR I own about 4200 so there’s plenty more fun to be had.
The next decision to be made – do I aim for 1500 or 2000 by my 60th birthday? 😊

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Keep on playing and designing as the itch strikes you, I sure appreciate your contributions to Dispatches from the Bunker, and the hobby in general, Vic.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
It has been a joy and a privilege to play with you last couple of years. No matter what your goal is I will help you to make it the best I can!

Congrats!

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I really enjoyed our one game across the pacific (thanks VASL gnomes!)! I remember it both because you were a fine opponent and because it was without a doubt one of the luckiest games I have ever had. Till next time!
Thank you, a good game lost is better than a terrible game won any day.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have been playing ASL since Jesus Christ was a freakin Corporal. I have played lots of ASL but never kept track of what I played lol.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I have been playing ASL since Jesus Christ was a freakin Corporal. I have played lots of ASL but never kept track of what I played lol.
Yeah, me too, I have to have had way more than 1,000 games of ASL since 1985, since the pandemic I have played more often on VASL than I ever did ftf, getting in 2 to 3 games a week for several years now. As long as I'm rolling dice and have fun it is a good thing, the only thing that occasionally ruins a game for me or my opponent is the damn dice but what can you do? Just roll some more and hope for the best.