A bug

Karri

Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Playing as axis, latest version.

I used the 'occupie the low countries' theather option before sitzkrieg in 39(allthough Belgium had declared war on me earlier!), and took most of low countries, then sitzkrieg came and I had to stop. Well, once it was over I resumed the offensive and took Paris rather easily. I then gave Franco his part of North Africa and conquered all of France except Palestinia.

Now, I didn't use the case yellow option, and it's still there. Also the Vichy regime didn't give up allthough I took all of North Africa as well as all of France.

The Case Yellow option is definetly a bug...isn't it?

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hmmmmmmmmm. The 'Case Yellow' TO is set to appear in Spring 1940 as that's the earliest that the German High Command was ready to launch the offensive. Not to sound patronising, but you really did extraordinarily well to knock out France that early without the TO.

What should happen then is that Event 82 (Fall of Paris) triggers Event 205 (a debug) which in turn activates Event 259 which is the '500' version of the 'Case Yellow' TO, i.e. it's then cancelled.

All I can think is that as the TO wasn't in place when you took Paris, because you did before Spring 1940, it wasn't there to be cancelled - if anyone can shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

As things stand, it sounds as though this is a bug and all I can do is ask you to refrain from using it for the rest of the game, tempting though it must be.

Re the remainder of you post, what should have happened when you took Paris is that a number of Pro-Axis Vichy French units appear in garrison mode, in mainland France, North Africa and the Levant. They're only free to move if the Allies move next to them (per each of the three formations).

If you as the Axis chose to give North Africa to Franco, these Vichy units should revert back to Allied controlled units, representing the Vichy French throwing off the alliance with Germany (we call them the 'Paul Reynaud' formation). Are you saying that the Vichy units didn't change back to Allied control when you chose the TO to activate Spain by giving Franco French North Africa? I've just done a quick test using 3.3 and this did work for me. The Paul Reynaud formation does then fight to the death, as I reckon they could hardly surrender again and would fight on with Allied assistance.

Are you confusing the Vichy French with the Paul Reynaud formation in your e-mail when you say that 'Vichy' didn't give up?

Let me know, although it does sound like I need to look again at how to cancel Case Yellow if Paris falls before Spring 1940.

Cheers,

Karri

Reaction score
Country
llMalta
I think I took Paris before the case yellow came up.

The Vichy thing was my mistake; I thought that once they go to allies, they would also surrender one I capture the certain cities.