A Bridge Too Far

Honus

Reaction score
I am (still) looking for someone interesting in playing the Campaign game, live on VASL. I'll take either side.

Honus

Reaction score
You don't have to be interesting for me to play you--just interested.

cnwjr

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Country
llUnited States
Oh, I'm interested. That is just one of the modules I have been unable to obtain since rejoining the ranks of ASL players earlier this year.

Honus

Reaction score
Oh, I'm interested. That is just one of the modules I have been unable to obtain since rejoining the ranks of ASL players earlier this year.
I bought one of the last copies available in stores, certainly the last one ever seen in San Diego.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
hate Live VASL, or I would give it a try (not real good at Night)......

Peace

Roger

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
hate Live VASL, or I would give it a try (not real good at Night)......
Hey Roger, Wanna play a logfile Night game? I like to play night games and am dying to try out the new Night ext! If you wanna play then you know my address...

Honus.
I have played this CG, did it both FTF and vis VASL Logs... it is a long, hard and (especially if British) challenging experience... it might be asking a lot for someone to play it via Live VASL

Honus

Reaction score

Honus.
I have played this CG, did it both FTF and vis VASL Logs... it is a long, hard and (especially if British) challenging experience... it might be asking a lot for someone to play it via Live VASL
Indeed, I am looking for a real man!

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
From the most realistic perspective, VASL is the best way to play big, long CGs.

All the players need to make it a worthwhile experience is:

1) A dual-head graphics card

2) Two flat-panel monitors on their desk (one monitor for the map, the other for counter and chat display)

3) Skype, with mic and speakers

4) Some time & energy.

No large table needed for multi-month commitments.

I plan to upgrade to a new PC next year with a dual-head graphics card, just for this purpose.

Honus

Reaction score
I dont use either the dual head or the skype and I get along fine.
Having those things would be fine, but just not neccessary. VASL is a great option for the campaigns for many other reasons, one of the biggest being the ease of tracking HIP and concealed units.

Last edited:

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Playing FTF myself and my opponent usually finished a CG date in a single sitting of about 12 hours long... sitting down and staring at the PC screen with the intensity needed to play this CG... even in chuncks is just too much of an ask (for me)

Also while i do agree that VASL is an excellent way to play (i especially like the terrain transformations) it's biggest drawbacks with CGs are the LOS thread and the small size of the screen relative to the mapboard.

Honus

Reaction score
Have you played any CGs on VASL?
I've played BRT, RB, PB, and KGP, all have been great experiences, or if they weren't, it had nothing to do with VASL.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Legion,

Have you used VASL with a dual-monitor setup? I find the difference to be night and day, in the rare circumstance I get to try.

Honus,

For sure, nothing I've suggested is critical. But boy, is the experience ever improved with 2 monitors.....

Honus

Reaction score
Yes, dual monitors are nothing to sneeze at, I've been tempted but haven't done it yet.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Legion,

Have you used VASL with a dual-monitor setup? I find the difference to be night and day, in the rare circumstance I get to try.
When i got enough money to burn that i can afford to setup duel monitors just for VASL then i shall be able to sit back and pay someone to play for me!
:p

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You can add a dual-head graphics card and a used 17" LCD monitor for the price of 3 HASL modules. ;)

Honus

Reaction score
Indeed. In my case it isn't money, rather it is lethargy and laziness.

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When i got enough money to burn that i can afford to setup duel monitors just for VASL then i shall be able to sit back and pay someone to play for me!
:p
If you VASL a lot, it's worth every penny. I recently upgraded my 17" Dell monitor to a 19" Rosewill 4ms LCD, about $160. I just kept the 17" Dell around and have it sitting to the left of the LCD, I use it for chat/counters & the eASLRB, then the 19" is solely for the map. Night and day from trying to put everything on one screen. I can see the whole RB map east/west, and about half north/south when I zoom out one notch.

Ital

Honus

Reaction score
Still looking for an opponent in ABTF CG III.
Be a man, step up to the plate, (insert cliche here).