Search results

1. Jazz

Majority Squad Type?

So we are playing a PTO night scenario. SSR calls out Majority Squad types as stealthy for the US and Lax for the Japanese. Does this condition apply for Ambush/CC as well? Or just straying? Not really clear in the rulz....
  2. Jazz

Stray red circles?

Howdy, Just saw some flaky behavior for the first time on VASL which others of my opponents have observed on other VASSAL modules. To wit: The games seems to spawn persistent red outline circles (see picture below). I have never been able to catch one at the moment of creation. They just...
  3. Jazz

Server down?

Huh?
  4. Jazz

Disable the board auto-load function?

Is there any way to disable the board auto download? I thought there wuz but I am not seeing it?
  5. Jazz

That zany CH.......

6. Jazz

J202 Down By The River SSR

So, SSR states the river is flooded. No mention of the stream depth. Flooded or not?
  7. Jazz

J194 A Real War.....SSR question

Hello, J194 SSR1 says "...No building has a 2nd Level...." I am correct in assuming that buildings could still have possibly have a 1st Level?
  8. Jazz

Movement trail?

Is there any reason there is no movement trail option in VASL like there is in many other VASSAL modules? Seems like a useful feature?
  9. Jazz

Defenestration of Prague, 1618

394 years ago...the second one, leading to the Thirty Years War. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestrations_of_Prague
  10. Jazz

Rout Question

So this has been asked over in FB and there seems to be a difference in interpretation among a number of folks that should know the rulz work..... Does the brokie need to stop his rout in H1 or H0? Or can he continue to the OG beyond?
  11. Jazz

WO '22 Boards ETA?

Is there a guestimated time of arrival for the WO '22 DASL boards? Right now the files for DASL boards o and n download regular size geomorphic boards that both looked the same (?)
  12. Jazz

Strange little quirk.....

So, I got rubble in a number of hexes by SSR. I can also set up my AFV HIP in concealment terrain. The rub: When I just have the rubble counter, it looks like: When I put the HIP AFV in the hex, it looks like : Kinda telegraphing where my AFV is? I've tried above and below the rubble...
  13. Jazz

Prisoners and melee

A question came up during our game this AM. The situation: In a building hex: GO German leader, British squad, British HS guarding a squad sized prisoner. Melee exists on top of everybody. The prisoners try to attack their guards unsuccessfully The British Squad kills the German leader...
  14. Jazz

HA and Night LV DRM.

Here is the situation. All the following happen between known units within NVR. A unit moves up hill. The location they are moving to is higher than the firing defender's location. According to B10.3 they do not get HA as they are crossing a crest line crossed by the defender's line of...
  15. Jazz

ASL Scenario 214 (Saving Seoul)....just to be sure

So SSR 3 says "Only British SMC may fire star shells..." Does this mean that British SMCs are the only folks on the board that can fire star shells? Put another way, does this mean that any CPVA cannot fire star shells. We're playing it as yes, but the situation raises just enough of a...
  16. Jazz

Minor quibble....

When I log onto the server running VASSAL 3.6.6/VASL 6.6.3.1, I get what look like a number of raw HTML formatting symbols. Does not seem to affect functionality in any way that I could see. Not seeing them when logging into the room for other VASSAL modules. As advertised, a minor quibble.
  17. Jazz

LOS buttons grayed out?

So, playing a game on the server. The two options for LOS thread are both grayed out in my window. My opponent has access to his LOS thread tools. When I first fire up a saved scenario both of my LOS threads are there and available. When my opponent synches I still have access to them. As...
  18. Jazz

Vehicle CA marking?

How does one get rid of that obnoxious red corner on the VCA? I can see where my opponent's vehicle is pointing under a concealment counter.... More importantly I can see that it is a vehicle and not a dummy.
  19. Jazz

Where do we put tunes with Mila-18 gone?

20. Jazz

Interesting history site

https://map.project44.ca/