Search results

1. A

Decisive Action "wish list"

Court Pangrac's Guide to DA Where is it? Regards, Antonio
  2. A

Raging Tiger graphics

Well, I like flexibility. One should be able to choose whether to use operational graphics or silhouettes. I accept Court's argument. If one is really deeply unsatisfied with the silhouettes, one can always bother to change to top-down graphics. It's fair. Antonio
  3. A

Raging Tiger graphics

Top-down is better Dear Captain Proctor I prefer the top view because it allows the direct representation of turret vs chassis direction. Regards, Antonio
  4. A

Raging Tiger graphics

Hi all I was wondering why in RT it was decided to have individual vehicle graphics as side views instead top views (as in ATF). Personally I prefer the latter. Kind regards, Antonio
  5. A

Suggested Changes to RT TO&E

I'm in total agreement with Kevin. The ability to model partial killings is an advantage of TACOPS over ATF. Although TACOPS also abstracts many things, it wins in terms of perception in actions that involve infantry. Infantry units lose combat power gradually with losses until all men are...
  6. A

!!!Raging Tiger DEMO!!!

At My Command (AMC) Artillery missions? When will they be available? ;) Kind regards, Antonio
  7. A

Use of ATF graphics in research paper

Sorry for taking so long to respond, Rob. I am only using the graphics. My research is about Low Probability of Detection (LPD) in the Future Combat System, using directional antennas. Regards, Antonio
  8. A

Should I order DA

ACOW vs DA revisited Dear Don, Sorry to bother you again. >DA is so different from any other wargame that it's hard to >make valid comparrisons. IMHO, DA is closer in mentality to >what you would find if you walked into a real military command >post. The concepts modelled in the game...
  9. A

Should I order DA

Towa By the way, TOWA is a WWII only sim, not supporting modern warfare simulation, right?
  10. A

Should I order DA

Well, when I wrote "best" I meant operational level only, of course. Thank you very much for your answer. Best regards, Antonio Grilo
  11. A

Should I order DA

Dear all I'm starting to think about ordering DA. How does it compare with other operational level sims? Do you consider it to be the best right now? Best regards, Antonio
  12. A

Awesome New AAR!!

Timings, statistics Dear all I would also like to support Kevin (though I am biased as I am an Engineer and thus used to that kind of analysis). The truth is that while we are planning we still don't where the pieces of shrapnel will land, and so it is better to trust the numbers...
  13. A

Thanks!!! Dear Captain Proctor I've already added the ATF reference and copyright to the acknowledgements section of the paper. Thank you very much! Kind regards, Antonio
  14. A

Thank you very much for you offer Deltapooh. I will have a look at your stuff. I just want to use one or two vehicle .bmp images. I could simply use dots to represent vehicles, but as the system proposed in paper is intended for use by military, and taking into account the flavour of the...
  15. A

Dear Captain Proctor, I am writing a research paper for the IEEE Military Communications conference. Can I use some of the ATF vehicle graphics in my figures? Best regards, Antonio Grilo
  16. A

How do you feel POA2 stacks up against other modern wargames?

Hi Andrew The Morale factor is very random and depends on many aspects that do not belong to the specific scenarion that you are simulating (e.g. fatigue and victory/defeat from past actions, etc.). So it is not easy to simulate and one should always doubt if the simulators that claim to...
  17. A

How do you feel POA2 stacks up against other modern wargames?

Hi! I have to agree with Kammak. I am also a TacOps fan since the beginning and although I do not participate very much is the mailing list, I have been always subscribed to it. I saw version 0, then version 3 and finally version 4 and I still play TacOps in two-player with a colleague of...
  18. A

Do You Use Missions?

I use missions a lot as I hate to micromanage. But I concur with Deltapooh when he says that "If we were able to understand how the process works, like where release points are, we'd have the confidence to exploit what might be the game's greatest feature". Another problem is that formations...
  19. A

Radio comm detectors at the Platoon and Company level?

Radio detectors Could you please point me to some Web resources or FMs that deal with that sort of unit/equipment and their employment scenarios and techniques/tactics? Best regards, Antonio
  20. A

Radio comm detectors at the Platoon and Company level?

Hi! Does any of you know if there are radiofrequency communication detectors being employed (or plans to employ them in the future) at the Platoon and Company level? Note: By "radiofrequency communication detector" I mean some sort of device that is able to scan a range of frequencies and...