Use of ATF graphics in research paper

amrcg

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Dear Captain Proctor,

I am writing a research paper for the IEEE Military Communications conference. Can I use some of the ATF vehicle graphics in my figures?

Best regards,
Antonio Grilo

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
amrcg said:
Dear Captain Proctor,

I am writing a research paper for the IEEE Military Communications conference. Can I use some of the ATF vehicle graphics in my figures?

Best regards,
Antonio Grilo
He is in the field right now, Antonio. Rest assured, he will get to you ASAP on his return.

I suggest, though, that you are more specific. Are you talking about using the piece .bmp's in the data folder for use in your paper, or actual screenshots of engagements and such. This may halp Pat make a more informed decision.

Curt

amrcg

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Thank you very much for you offer Deltapooh. I will have a look at your stuff.

I just want to use one or two vehicle .bmp images. I could simply use dots to represent vehicles, but as the system proposed in paper is intended for use by military, and taking into account the flavour of the conference, I thought that it would be great to represent vehicles as they really are.

Best regards,
Antonio Grilo

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
amrcg said:
Thank you very much for you offer Deltapooh. I will have a look at your stuff.

I just want to use one or two vehicle .bmp images. I could simply use dots to represent vehicles, but as the system proposed in paper is intended for use by military, and taking into account the flavour of the conference, I thought that it would be great to represent vehicles as they really are.

Best regards,
Antonio Grilo
Antonio,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

You are welcom to use vehicle graphics OR screenshots, just please site Armored Task Force, ProSIM Company, Copyright 2003 in the deocument somewhere.

amrcg

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Thanks!!!

Dear Captain Proctor

I've already added the ATF reference and copyright to the acknowledgements section of the paper. Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Antonio

rjbhutton

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
research uses for BCT/ATF

amrcg said:
Dear Captain Proctor,

Best regards,
Antonio Grilo
Antonio: what is your research on? I am a PhD student hoping to use BCT as a synthetic task environment to explore ways to support uncertainty management in command and control environments. I'm curious to know if you used the game in your research or are just using the graphics for illustration purposes...

Rob

amrcg

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Sorry for taking so long to respond, Rob. I am only using the graphics. My research is about Low Probability of Detection (LPD) in the Future Combat System, using directional antennas.

Regards,
Antonio

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Raging Tiger actually has a scenario with FCS. You should check it out. It is due out in a couple months.