1. heliodorus04

I'm in Gallatin TN looking for face to face ASL players

I'm in Gallatin TN looking for face to face ASL players
  2. heliodorus04

dpatt1111@gmail.com for any ASL players. Im in Gallatin

dpatt1111@gmail.com for any ASL players. Im in Gallatin
  3. heliodorus04

Nashcon 2021 / August 20-21-22

I'm registered for Nashcon and need to communicate to the organizer that: A) I can't be at the convention site until around 6-7 p.m. because of a job situation B) I am local (Gallatin) and I'm curious what of my collection I should be bringing as essentials for myself and what I might bring of...
  4. heliodorus04

My registration for Nashcon is complete. See ya there! I'm local to Nashville, if anyone needs anything ilke restaurant tips or whatever.
  5. heliodorus04

I'm in Nashville and I'd be happy to play ASL. How is attendance looking so far for ASL tournament? I was thinking about playing in the Bolt Action miniatures tournament, but that was before I knew ASL was going to be there. I'm not a particularly competitive player, but I am a good one...
  6. heliodorus04

Yes, I'd like to try it. I've played VLOG files with a couple of other games, but nothing as...

Yes, I'd like to try it. I've played VLOG files with a couple of other games, but nothing as complex/interactive as the movement/DFPh of ASL, but I'm sure it will make general sense to me. My e-mail is heliodorus04@yahoo.com
  7. heliodorus04

VASL PBeM

How do you do movement and defensive fire in a PBEM game?
  8. heliodorus04

ISO Dedicated VASL Opponent US Central Time

I'd like to play two to three times a week in sessions that go 2 to 6 hours in duration. I'm in US Central Time and find it easiest to play North American opponents. In general I can play afternoons, evenings and weekends. I use Discord (Heliodorus04@8098) for voice comms. I'm an experienced...
  9. heliodorus04

ASL Vassal and hearing impairment

Makes sense. Do you find that it 'trains' you to play differently than if you were playing Face to Face?
  10. heliodorus04

I will have to look up a tutorial for playing by E-mail then. I'm again having trouble imagining how defensive first fire works, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Thank you all for replies.
  11. heliodorus04

Pacific War by VG Vassal

I recently purchased a copy and would love to play Vassal some time.
  12. heliodorus04

Face to Face Denver Colorado

I was not aware of the gaming on Hampden. That's close enough that I can attend, but I would need to know for certain I have an opponent before I make the trip. I've heard of the Gryphon Games 3rd Sunday in Fort Collins (I've recently joined FRASL's yahoo group), but I almost always work...
  13. heliodorus04

New Vasl Player: managing expectations

I am in GMT minus 7, Mountain Standard Time. How does one even play by e-mail?
  14. heliodorus04

Well, I'm looking for a game of ASL, OR, Hell's Highway (both via Vassal). For ASL, I want to play scenario A33 "Tettau's Attack" (from ASL Annual 91) because it's small, it has a combined 15 squads, and no ordinance, plus I need to learn the interface. I have already created a file with the...
  15. heliodorus04

New Vasl Player: managing expectations

I have a thread over in the Vassal forum regarding the fact that I don't use audio/microphone because of an impairment, and up to now I have never played anything in Vassal except X-Wing Miniatures. I would like to give ASL on Vassal a try (emphasis on try). What I want to know is how likely...
  16. heliodorus04

I am hearing impaired and therefore I have no use for dialogue with my opponent. For the longest time I thought I would leave Vasl ASL alone for that reason. It may still be a bad idea, but, what do ASL players anticipate will be the difficulties of playing ASL in the Vassal medium with an...
  17. heliodorus04

The best tabletop wargames ever!

Hell's Highway by Victory Games (1983) Operation Market Garden, operational-level game. Solitaire Friendly (it's the only way I play it). PROs: Small map footprint for an entire Market-Garden game. Apporachable rules that are easy to learn and take practice to master Pretty map (for 1983)...
  18. heliodorus04

How is the Advanced Tobruk System different than Advanced Squad Leader?

I honestly am a committed (returning after 20 years) ASL player, and over the years I saw this system and had two thoughts: 1) How is it different than ASL? 2) The role of ASL has already been taken. A little research here indicates this game is dead, but I don't know why. I'm just curious. I...
  19. heliodorus04

XOne Tombraider Dual Person Survival Mode

Anyone play Rise of the Tombraider and own the aftermarket DLC for Survival Mode? I love Survival Mode (20 days is my max but I could go more) and I don't know anyone to play it with. My gamertag is the same as my account here. Or send me a message.