Search results

1. Nearmiss

CE vunerability?

At the begining of its' MPh, an BU AFV goes CE, is it vulnerable in any way to DFF prior to expending any MPs?
  2. Nearmiss

J243, Courage of Cowan, U.S. set up parameters - HELP!

Heading says it all. They do not make sense.
  3. Nearmiss

Berserk as Guard, WTF do I do now?

8-1 leader and an SS 6-5-8 carrying an LMG and guarding a prisoner squad Assault Move. They are fired on and the result is a 1MC. The leader goes Berserk and the prisoner is reduced with the 6-5-8 squad also breaking. The broken SS squad passes the +1TC and becomes Berserk as well. I am...
  4. Nearmiss

MF cost?

My Infantry unit begins the MPh in 24Z9 (a stone building), Bypasses the building in Y9, using the Y10 and X9 hexsides for 1 MF. What is the MF cost to enter the Brush hex in X8, 1 MF via the Path or 2 MF (because the unit can't use the Path)?
  5. Nearmiss

Non-CC Reaction Fire question. D7.22

A German armored car Overruns an American M3 halftrack and does no damage to the target. How is a possible non-CC Reaction Fire shot handled by the American halftrack? i.e. which notes are applied at the bottom of the Overrun Flowchart? Is the AAMG firing as Ordnance handled under the heading...
  6. Nearmiss

Concealment loss?

A Good Order, German armored car enters an Orchard hex occupied by a concealed American M3 halftrack. Does the halftrack lose concealment?
  7. Nearmiss

D4.2 Hull Down

An AFV becomes Hull Down as a result of a successful Hull Down Maneuver Attempt (D4.22). The HD AFV is subsequently destroyed. Does the resulting wreck retain HD status?
  8. Nearmiss

Board 54 EX. under B9.521

Other than the 747 in 54K4, would anything change if the Wall Advantage counters were removed from all units? I think not given B9.323 & B9.5.
  9. Nearmiss

OVR attack DRM

An AFV crosses a Stone Wall and enters an OG hex declaring an OVR (target is not concealed) against an enemy unit in the OG hex. The enemy unit destroys the AFV with a D1F shot which also causes the AFV to burn. The ensuing attack will be conducted at 1/2 FP with a DRM of.....? I think it's a...
  10. Nearmiss

Berserk unit return to normal A15.46

Berserk unit charges a broken enemy squad and enters its' hex (A15.43). During the ensuing RtPh the broken enemy unit is eliminated for Failure to Rout. The Berserk unit now has no enemy unit in its' LOS. I know the Berserk unit will return to normal, but what is the mechanism?
  11. Nearmiss

B11.4 Climbing

These 2 questions came up in an ongoing Dinant CG. 1. May guards and their prisoners climb? 2. A French 437 is in a level 4 Cliff Hex. It is Disrupted. In the German MPH, a German MMC climbs to level 4 in an ADJACENT hex. a. Does the Disrupted unit FTR? b. Does the Disrupted unit remain...
  12. Nearmiss

C1.55 DRM

Situation is a mortar firing on a French H35 (all printed AF are 4 with superior upper armor i.e. 6). Does the mortar receive the -1 DRM for all AF <= 4 on a potential TK DR? I have always played this that the -1 DRM applied, but can't find a reference one way or the other.
  13. Nearmiss

B11.4 Climbing and DN4 (Dinant HASL)

Situation is this: French MMC is Broken and Disrupted in a Level 4 cliff hex. During the German MPh, an Infantry unit Climbs ADJACENT. The German unit can't accept surrender/declare NQ. Per A19.12, the French unit can't Rout. What happens in the RtPh?
  14. Nearmiss

B11.4 Climbing

Can a guard (and it's prisoners) Climb? This question pertains specifically to the Dinant HASL but would also extend to general play.
  15. Nearmiss

Concealment loss?

Is a BU Passenger of a halftrack sufficient to strip concealment from an enemy Infantry unit, moving in Open Ground, ADJACENT to the halftrack. The halftrack is under a stun counter, as well.
  16. Nearmiss

Just another Rout Phase question

Situation is as follows: There is a woods hex 4MF from my broken unit (2 OG hexes and then the woods hex). I don't want to go there. I would rather go to a woods hex 5MF away (1 OG hex then uphill to the woods hex). However, the woods hex contains a friendly trench counter or has a path...
  17. Nearmiss

Dinant Map hex XX23

What level does a unit on the road occupy?
  18. Nearmiss

B28 Mines

Fully tracked AFV enters an A-T minefield and survives the entry attack. Can the AFV now stop and then restart in reverse and then leave the minefield via the hexside it previously entered without undergoing a second attack?
  19. Nearmiss

Radio Contact /Battery Access C1

I have two leaders in the same hex at the beginning of the APh. One of the leaders has a radio with radio contact and battery access and a FFE: 2 on board. Could the radio be transferred without losing contact and/or battery access?
  20. Nearmiss

Maintain acquisition C6.5

In its AFPh an AFV fires its MA at an enemy AFV and receives a -1 Aq counter on the target. At the end of its AFPh, due to a newly discovered enemy ATG, the AFV uses its non-fired BMG to turn its VCA (and thus its TCA as well) so as to present better armor to the ATG. C6.5 in part states "The...