Search results

1. generalzhukov

CG organizational advice

Wow! Hilarious story! Was he able to extract his card board comrades and defenders of Mother Russia from the bowels of the vacuum machine?
  2. generalzhukov

CG organizational advice

Great thread! This has gotten me excited to play a CG. Our last attempt as a group was actually a play test for Red Factories and that unfortunately was a bust. What about a mini CG from Lone Canuck? Jeff and I played a DIY full ASL version of "Decision of Elst". It was very fun but I...
  3. generalzhukov

Boacage and AFV - aaakkk

Ian Danglish also wrote an excellent article in one of the MMP Journals.
  4. generalzhukov

ASL in the coming year

I could play at least a couple times a month. The only nights that would work for me during that time windows(1900 to 2200 EST) window would by Saturday, Sunday or Monday.
  5. generalzhukov

Leadership Modification during MPh and DFPh?

Played Gavin Take Friday night with my brother and a new player. My brother and the noobie took the two American entry groups and I played the Germans. It came down to the last turn, I placed a 1 fire lane plus another 2 residual in the exit hex when the first leader and MMC attempted to run...
  6. generalzhukov

Poland in Flames: favorite scenarios?

Any ideas on the best tournament sized scenario from Poland in Flames in terms of balance, chrome/toys and tactical options/"replayability"? It's a great product but the only two scenarios that I've played both seemed very unbalanced. Going Postal seemed impossible for the Poles as did Szacked...
  7. generalzhukov

CANADIAN ASL OPEN, 18-21 May 2017

Hi George. What time do the festivities start on Thursday May 18? The timing is somewhat unfortunate as it is one week before the Memorial Day holiday in USA and also the Enfilade Northwest Historical Miniatures Gaming Convention in Olympia, WA. Many regional ASL players attend. It would be...
  8. generalzhukov

ASLOK AAR- Brief Overview of Games played

Very nice AAR. Congratulations on the mini and US MVP! That's an impressive showing. I'm trying to play more PTO. What was your favorite of the lot?
  9. generalzhukov

AP114 A Lion in the Field

I tried a hybrid approach when I played Steve Pleva for a Mini tournament win last year at ASLOK. Most of my OB including the two AT guns were set up behind the river. I made the mistake of setting up one platoon in the town to delay the SS advance. Unfortunately my half squad that I set up...
  10. generalzhukov

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

How does one get into this VASL league?
  11. generalzhukov

New members introduce yourself here

Hi Richard, We missed you at GameOn. There was a good ASL showing. My brother Jeff won it and reminds me every time we play. I tried VASSAL and my wrist got tired from all the mouse clicking after one game. Plus it was a lot of work to set up and maintain. Hopefully we will see you...
  12. generalzhukov

What boardgames have you played recently?

Did you give him the balance--did you allow him to put the gingerbread man or chocolate cupcake back into the deck if he already passed was locations? Look forward to the full AAR!
  13. generalzhukov

What boardgames have you played recently?

Tokenako--euro style game managing a panda and bamboo garden. Kids loved it.
  14. generalzhukov

Hi Mark, Welcome aboard. Decision at Elst is very fun to play. But it's a big time commitment. If you don't own it yet, I would recommend ordering ASL Journal 10 from MMP. http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Products/tabid/58/ProductID/226/Default.aspx. It has a fantastic article in it...
  15. generalzhukov

My name is Rob. I signed up a few years ago but only in the last few days discovered the treasure trove of information here. I play face to face with my brother and a great group of guys in Spokane, Washington. Thinking about getting into VASL too but not sure if my marriage could survive it...