Search results

1. JimWhite

VASL won't load a map

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before...but I have never had a problem with it until now. My CG opponent and I were both emailed a VASL map for playtest purposes. His arrived with no .dat file type (although his settings might have had file types turned off). I received the exact same...
  2. JimWhite

Rooftop LOS

I'm pretty sure I know the answer...but you guys know how it is...once you start questioning your rules knowledge then all hell breaks loose in your head sometimes... 🤪 Anyway...assume there is a unit on the Rooftop of FF7 in each of the below images. In this first one...does the Debris in BB9...
  3. JimWhite

VotG: Refit Phase and captured (and subsequently malfunctioned) flamethrowers

V12.6154 FT / DC: Each FT/DC removed from play during the preceding scenario (regardless of why it was removed) is Retained by its original owning side only if it was removed by an Original effects DR ≤ 10; otherwise, it is Eliminated. Place each such Retained SW in the friendly side's...
  4. JimWhite

Night and Freedom of Movement

Probably doesn't/won't happen very often...but it did in our VotG CG. During a daytime scenario a German AFV is immobilized...and the scenario subsequently ends. The Russian declares a night counterattack so the German has no chance to recover the vehicle during the ensuing Refit Phase. The...
  5. JimWhite

Setup at night in VotG

Been playing this for years...now have a senior moment brain cramp... Can both sides set up concealed in non-concealment terrain at night in VotG? Or just the Scenario Defender?
  6. JimWhite

AFV covered arc change

Senior moment... Can an AFV which did not fire during the PFPh...nor expend any MPs during the MPh...change it's VCA during the AFPh?
  7. JimWhite

Spotters & Mortars

Can an already designated spotter move in the MPh...and then spot for his mortar during the AFPh? If so...could the mortar have been designated Opportunity Fire during the PFPh and still get that benefit even though its spotter moved?
  8. JimWhite

Reverse movement over wall

How much does it cost a fully-tracked vehicle (already spent a start MP) to reverse move over a wall into an open ground hex? 1 MP (wall) + [1MP (open ground) x 4] = 5 MP {1 MP (wall) + [1MP (open ground)]} x 4 = 8 MP
  9. JimWhite

RF/VotG...Trench/A-T Ditch and Dash

In RF/VotG a Trench/A-T Ditch can be setup in a paved road hex with shellholes or a dirt road. These Trenches/A-T Ditches "connect" to the adjacent buildings (cellars if present...otherwise ground level). For the purpose of this question let's assume both ends of this Trench/A-T Ditch "connects"...
  10. JimWhite

RF/VotG...Trench/A-T Ditch and Dash

In RF/VotG a Trench/A-T Ditch can be setup in a paved road hex with shellholes or a dirt road. These Trenches/A-T Ditches "connect" to the adjacent buildings (cellars if present...otherwise ground level). For the purpose of this question let's assume both ends of this Trench/A-T Ditch...
  11. JimWhite

VotG/RF "connected trenches" and minefields

Trench rules state that trench "counters" automatically connect to any adjacent trench counter. Those rules also state that a unit IN a trench can move to an adjacent trench without being attacked by any minefield that might be present in either of those trench hexes. In VotG and RF trenches...
  12. JimWhite

Multiple light mortars and Acquisition

A squad can fire two light mortars in the same phase. Can they maintain acquisition with both provided they are firing at the same target?
  13. JimWhite

Armored Assault and AP Mines

Probably been discussed before...but if so I can't recall the outcome. MMC is armored assaulting with an AFV and stumble into an AP minefield. Are they attacked on the IFT individually (i.e., different DRs)? Or is it a single DR for both? Thanks,
  14. JimWhite

TCA change

Can a concealed vehicle (in concealment terrain and LOS of a GO KEU) at the end of the prep fire phase (and who has not fired) change its TCA and still maintain concealment?
  15. JimWhite

VotG perimeter and A-T Ditches

Assume there are no other hexes in play. The blue outlined hexes are the German front line locations at the end of a CG scenario. Barring Fortification Removal and disregarding the tactical value of such...in preparing for the next scenario...can the German set up vehicles in O47-O50 &...
  16. JimWhite

Off-board reinforcements which choose not to enter that turn

I see in RB it specifically states that: CG9. REINFORCEMENTS: ...Units set up off-map that do not enter play that turn are Retained (SSR CG10), but may not longer enter for the remainder of that CG Day. The closest I can find in the VotG rules is: CG10. RETAINED RG: Each RG, or part...
  17. JimWhite

Routing "towards"...

I believe this topic may have been discussed previously around these parts...but damn if I can remember the resulting consensus...:) A10.51 DIRECTION: A routing unit may never rout toward a Known armed enemy unit (even if that enemy unit is broken or disrupted), while in that enemy unit's...
  18. JimWhite

Gusts and Drifting Smoke

Burning wreck created during a mild breeze...and subsequently drifting smoke is placed during AFPh. Next rally phase Gusts are rolled up...is the drifting smoke removed from that original smoke source and if so when does it reappear? During AFPh or when Gusts go away (potentially) in next...
  19. JimWhite

VotG Reserves and Ambush

These may have been asked and answered but I didn't see it... Any enemy unit Advances onto a Reserve Cloaking counter. Are the Reserves eligible to receive the -2 Ambush drm? Reserve Cloaking counter activates during its own Advance Phase and advances onto an enemy unit. Must the reserve unit...
  20. JimWhite

Board edge hex VBM

Disclaimer: playing this game for decades and still find stuff that makes me go ummmm...wut? So FF50 is a board edge hex...is the south "hexside" (i.e.. FF50/FF51) allowed to be used for VBM? I want to say No...but then again...see above disclaimer.