Search results

1. S

Best & Worst Second World War Movies ever made?

I forgot about Stalingrad. Personally, I like the first two-thirds of that movie, up until the 6th gets surrounded. I would recommend the DVD so you can cherrypick the battle scenes, which are straight off the Red Barricades board. -Scott
  2. S

Best & Worst Second World War Movies ever made?

Best: 1. (If taken as one big ol' movie) Band of Brothers. 2. Das Boot 3. Saving Private Ryan Worst: 1. Windtalkers- I totally agree, Woo goes way over the top with the slow-mo, doves flying, sappily dramatic cutscene crap. Plus, what's with the Japanese not being able to hit anybody...
  3. S

Any good VASL logs to digest?

Not really logfiles, but defender setups for a good amount of scenarios: http://zcrater.mystarband.net/ Later, Scott
  4. S

VASL Starter's guide??

Other than reading the tutorial TankDawg pointed out, just ask here, in Consim or on the ASLML for a VASL opponent. Your inbox will fill up quickly and you'll be virtually blasting each other within days. Have fun! -Scott
  5. S

Unless your avatar is an image of a broken link, then I can't see it. Better luck next time :wink: , Scott
  6. S

site update

Remove the ) from the end of the link and it works. -Scott
  7. S

RB CG 5

Ala Full Metal Jacket Great Flick. -Scott
  8. S

Coastal Fortress Collection?

Type in TAC and get the full list. No prob. BTW, if Ron can find it, then anyone can. He was around before the abacus, much less the computer. :wink: :wink: -Scott
  9. S

Coastal Fortress Collection?

I too have never had a problem finding anything. The SoCalASL site is by far the best ASL site on the web. I don't know how it can be called "disorganized". Paul runs a tight outfit over there and knows what he's doing. The site's content, organization, visuals and webmaster compentency were the...
  10. S

What the next new games should be

Major, Have you tried ABTF? 'Cuz you are, for the most part, describing it. -Scott
  11. S

Plus, the other STB, Berlin Red Vengeance, Stalinie Prostori, Hell's Bridgehead and King of the Hill have SS in it, so yes, the SS are about as overexposed as J-Lo's hindquarters. As for more Stalingrad, go ahead and check out the MMP Insider . It has some info on the upcoming Valor of the...
  12. S

The Major wrote: Disagree here, gotta say that if it's one thing I've got enough of counter/module/scenario wise, it's the SS. Tons of scenarios, KGP I and II, ABTF, not to mention the ton of third party scenario packs and HASLs that deal with 'em. JMO, Scott "First in line for Manila" Faulk
  13. S

"Journal of the Soviet Army" subscription

I guess this isn't "Non-ASL" per-say, but, I found this on Consimworld: So, anyone a subscriber to this? Sounds very interesting, especially for scenario designers. Kinda pricey though, $30 for 6 months. I guess I'm looking for anyone who knows anything about this. (PK?, BMW?, Bueller?) TIA...
  14. S

Smoke LOS from ASLML

Guys, Taken from the ASLML 6/16/03 > When applying the phrase in A24.61 that drifting smoke is "...never a Hindrance at levels below the Location of the original SMOKE source." is it necessary that both the firer and target are below the location of the original SMOKE source? For example...
  15. S

Manilla?

Nine levels?!?!? Can you imagine the stacking nightmare :!: :!: I wonder if they will have a sheet similar to the playaid for Dogs of War to represent those "skyscrapers". I mean, I consider myself okay when it comes to tweezer skills, but that's just a really complicated game of Jenga to...
  16. S

Manilla?

WOW- :shock: :) That looks ultra cool. Hopefully it's also chalk full of some Japanese tank rarities that fought in late war Luzon/Manila, like the Ho-Ro etc... Anyhow, I think this is Brian Blad and Co.'s project, anyone know if he's on the forum? Also, are there smaller CGs included? 'Cuz...
  17. S

Scott's Cheap@ss ASL Webpage

The above link obviously no longer works as I'm no longer with that ISP. I'll get that material back online shortly. -Scott
  18. S

New Email Address

Hey Guys, Sorry for the wasted bandwidth, but I'm finally back online after my move! Anyhow, new email: syfaulk@verizon.net -Scott Faulk (No longer a San Diego resident :( )
  19. S

Romey wrote: Ack! I actually put together the list a few weeks back before I got my Melee Pack, so yes, I should have included those scenarios. All of them make my "wanna play". Matt, thanks for your comments. -Scott
  20. S

Hey dudes, Not much of note, but my webpage (tentatively titled: Scott's Cheapass ASL Webpage) is now open. For the most part it's a place to keep the list of scenarios I want to play and a record of the scenarios I have played recently. However, there are a few old Coastal Fortress things up...