Scenarios on U Boat Infantry?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy-

was watching Mark Feltons little utub documentary:

And was wondering what is out there on these actions.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya I do recall ToT 2 (great scenario pack) but there seems to be alot more, and after watching Marks vid, I now understand why the Germans were so fanatical about not giving up their last port.

ToT#2 was full of scenarios featuring the Kriegsmarine formations.

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya I do recall ToT 2 (great scenario pack) but there seems to be alot more, and after watching Marks vid, I now understand why the Germans were so fanatical about not giving up their last port.
Yeah. The TOT scenarios only covered the battles described in “No Triumphant Procession”. There were other battles in northern Germany, around Bremen, and Bremerhaven, that involved the Kriegsmarine units. I think I have a couple of books down in my library that might cover those battles.
As far as scenarios, I think there’s been one or two official scenarios that have Kriegsmarine units in the OB.(?)

phlegm027

Reaction score
Howdy-

was watching Mark Feltons little utub documentary:

And was wondering what is out there on these actions.
Scott, I actually met and talked to one of the U-boat sailors who fought in the ToT#2. He was a -patient for a couple of weeks on the floor I was working on.

He was in training to.go to sea in a U-boat when his training unit got orders to become infantry. He .was 16 when this happened and it really was interesting getting to know him. He had stories about the officers mentioned in the scenario write ups. He also had me bring in the boards he could see how the actions were represented. He was able to show me where he was during the action.

it was one of the most interesting things I’ve ever gotten out of playing ASL

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have one in our soon to be released Schwerpunkt Volume #24. It is SP288 Commanding from the Bridge. It features 5-3-7s portraying the German naval units. Author John Russell published a book entitled Theirs the Strife (2020) in which he presents a lot of new and updated information that was originally in his book, No Triumphant Procession (1994). His 1994 book was the main source of information for the TOT #2 scenarios. The updated information in this new book along with the new 5-3-7 squads makes the TOT scenarios somewhat out of date now.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anything you do Evan I will buy. Looking forward to playing that scenario.

I have one in our soon to be released Schwerpunkt Volume #24. It is SP288 Commanding from the Bridge. It features 5-3-7s portraying the German naval units. Author John Russell published a book entitled Thiers the Strife (2020) in which he presents a lot of new and updated information that was originally in his 1994 book, No Triumphant Procession (1994). His 1994 book was the main source of information for the TOT #2 scenarios. The updated information in this new book along with the new 5-3-7 squads makes the TOT scenarios somewhat out of date now.

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is a book, not a cheap one, about the unit refers to, the 1st naval anti tank regiment.

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
“Theirs The Strife” is an excellent book for those interested in the final days of the war on the Western Front, as well as being an outstanding updated version of “No Triumphant Procession”.

Last edited:

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FWIW. am in the process of 'updating' and adding to the ToT#2 scenarios (along with other KE material, that we turned over to MMP back in 2020), for eventual re-release, also taking into account the additional research since 1996, as well as the release of 'Theirs the Strife', not to mention the 'state of the art' in ASL today (much of which I am glad to see we foreshadowed). Some PT of this will be forthcoming soon.