CC Reaction Fire Questions

PaulS

Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llUnited States
Hi,
Playing J220 Battle of the Barricades. I have a KPA squad in the same Location as a Stunned, Recalled tank and it is the opponent’s MPh. The BU tank will have to exit this turn.
Question 1) Can the tank fire on the squad (before the squad can react at all) before it starts (i.e. CMG with 3/2 FP +1 for Stun) as it doesn’t cost any MP?

Question 2) Assuming the squad survives any attack, can it use CC Reaction Fire and attempt to generate a Suicide Hero (SSR 2) after the tank starts but before it leaves the Location? As I read it, any CC attack will have a +2 DRM for the tank being non-stopped, even though it has not left the Location.
Thanks,
Paul S.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They can bounding fire or do anything that doesn't cost extra MP before exiting so I don't see why they couldn't attack in the DFPh. Don't know anything about the KPA.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1) While firing any weapon from the AFV doesn't cost any MP, it must be done as part of a MP expenditure and since the first MP the vehicle must spend is to start (or at least attempt to do so) the shot will be as part of the start MP. The shot however will be TPBF/4 (halved for firing in the MPh and halved again for firing while in Motion).

2) yes an attempt to create a THH (or Suicide Hero) can be made after the start MP.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
1) While firing any weapon from the AFV doesn't cost any MP, it must be done as part of a MP expenditure...
Making a BFF attack is not "part of any MP expenditure....it can be done before any MP is expended at all in the MPh...

Per C5.33 e.g.:
"...If the Bounding First Firer vehicle declares a shot prior to any MP expenditure, a DEFENDER can still declare a Gun Duel (2.2401) that he might win (due to the Bounding First Firer’s use of TH Case C), and thus he could fire before the vehicle expends any MP."

PaulS

Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the responses.
It appears that the tank will be able to fire at my squad without expending a MP so I will have to wait until he starts the tank. Does the squad have to take another PAATC to CC Reaction Fire? It passed one when it advanced into the tank's location during the last APh.
THX,
Paul S.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It does.
You need a PAATC to reaction fire, even though you do not for the CC phase.

PaulS

Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Vinnie. Heading back into the maelstrom tomorrow.
Paul S.

PaulS

Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llUnited States
Just noticed that a Suicide Hero doesn't need to take a PAATC (W6.4). However, if I wanted to include the squad with the CC attack they would have to take the TC.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just noticed that a Suicide Hero doesn't need to take a PAATC (W6.4). However, if I wanted to include the squad with the CC attack they would have to take the TC.
This is normal. A location with squad hero and leader, the squad takes a paatc butbthe hero and leader do not. If the squad fails the two smc cab attack together with both the heroic and leadershipodifiers applying along with the +1 for an extra SMC. Potentially a CCV of 3 with a -4....

PaulS

Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llUnited States
Well, after all that the squad gacked a 1MC when the tank fired at the beginning of his MPh. I ended up with a DMed conscript ½ squad for my troubles. An indirect benefit of the action was that I still have 3 Suicide Heroes remaining and that has slowed his inertia getting his AFVs forward to destroy more roadblocks.
Paul S.