Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
As we approach the 1st Quarter of 2024, the question now to be asked is:
"How is your 2024 Year in ASL going?"

Mine: haven't played much except some solo's, counter clipping and proofing ('nuff said).

Last edited:

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
I'm batting just over .500 so far. Just about every scenario was really tight and down to the wire.

I've got Plano's coming out my ears now. I have to yet again reinvent the wheel in my organization. I doubt I'll punch all of TotR as I already have 90% of those counters from older HASL's. But I did get the uber amount of rail - road/yard/car's overlays cut out. Von Ryan's express anyone?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Going really well. The Friday Night Fights are growing in numbers (up to 16 participants now) and we had the first meet up of the North of Scotland ASL group. The second one is scheduled for late March.

Additionally, I worked out what to do as gifts for the Friday Nighters who are going to Heroes this year and it will not be a mad scramble like usual.

King Scott II

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Going really well. The Friday Night Fights are growing in numbers (up to 16 participants now) and we had the first meet up of the North of Scotland ASL group. The second one is scheduled for late March.

Additionally, I worked out what to do as gifts for the Friday Nighters who are going to Heroes this year and it will not be a mad scramble like usual.
Where does your group meet? I will be in the HIghlands in July...catching the games in Tomintoul.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well we can arrange to meet you!
Tomintoul is just about in the middle of us with some in Inverness and us in Aberdeen. Keep me advised as to the times that would suit you and we will organise a get together. Tony would be delighted to drag you round the distilleries while you're there!

King Scott II

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well we can arrange to meet you!
Tomintoul is just about in the middle of us with some in Inverness and us in Aberdeen. Keep me advised as to the times that would suit you and we will organise a get together. Tony would be delighted to drag you round the distilleries while you're there!
Absolutely "yes" to Tony dragging us to some distilleries. :love:🆒 ...and "possible" for ASL play...depends if any wives volunteer to keep my wife entertained for a few hours while we roll dice. :LOL::p:cool:

I am at West Coast Melee this weekend, but I will drop you a PM later.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Went 3-2 at the Winter Offensive and 4-3 at the West Coast Melee. Won my first game in VASL League. Lost a pick up game with a friend.

Ordered 4 RAACOs off Amazon ... and received them with FREE SHIPPING. Completely reorganizing my gear and creating a pristine set from never used backup core modules. The counters get a light lacquer spray with clear matte finish. That will be my travel kit, one RAACO. Now if I could just reduce to footprint of the maps ...

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
My only complaint is it is taking a while to get TotR and WO#15 into VASL, I want to play that stuff with Tom and others but we have to be patient. I just wish MMP and the VASL crew would have this stuff ready the day they shipped the physical product but I know that is an ideal situation and unlikely to happen any time soon. So just hope I can play this stuff on-line with my friends soon...

Otherwise, love the products MMP produced in January and look for a new Dispatches from the Bunker from me late this month.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As seen on a bumper sticker: "Lord, grant me patience but I want it RIGHT NOW!"

Reaction score
First name
Bunny
Country
llCanada
Currently fiddling with turning ASL and or Squad Leader (likely both) into the equal of table top looking in size. Goind to leave it flat not 3d, but the plan is to make everything BIGGER. Yes, I know there is Deluxe. But if I enlarge all the standard, I get to play all the standard scenarios.

I'd rather play 3d and miniatures, but it's amazingly easier to print out a larger n hell ASL counter than assemble and paint a gazilion models :) And at 62, I think I might have missed that train hehe.

Current progress, all the counters for original Squad Leader (it was the test of the idea project). I'm going with making counters 2 inches instead of 1/2 inch. I suspect my eyes will have no issues with that size. Been fun cleaning up the counters. Keeps me occupied.
Yes, I know VASL images. They look too perfect hehe.