Infiltrating defender, dead or not?

labelcd6

Reaction score
First name
Carl
Country
llUnited States
12486Join me in hex L3, where my bold half squads and 8-1 leader are in CC with the juggernaut of the British Empire: the 2-4-8. The Germans are the attacker.

1. No ambush.
  2. 8-1 attacks/defends with one of the HS.
  3. 248 attacks the HS who is NOT with the leader at 1-1.
  4. Germans roll a 6 with 2-1 -1 odds, so Brit should be dead.
  5. The juggernaut of the British Empire, the 2-4-8, rolls snakes.
  6. Hero creation yields a 7-0.
  7. The 2-4-8 and 7-0 want to use the infiltration to withdraw.
Questions:

1. Does the German HS die from the attack? In other words, if infiltration withdrawing, does infiltrating unit's attack still land?
  2. Does the 248 die from German attack?
  3. Does the infiltration withdraw use the same rules as withdrawal from melee?
I can cite various clauses and phrases from several different sections of the rulebook that, to me and my opponent, make this situation way more complicated than we thought it was, so I would appreciate some Gordian knot cutting from y'all. ;-)

Thanks!

ctewks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1- The German hs attacked at 1:1 is dead
2- you recalculate the odds with the newly minted leader (not Hero mind ya) - so that former 5:2 (2:1) is now 5:3 which is enough for net 3:2 odds - the net roll on the German attack was 5, so that's still < the CC kill number so yes, the 248 and the 7-0 are dead still
3- no

Had the British been the Attacker and rolled the 1,1 they could have immediately withdrawn without being attacked.

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yup
so even when its "Simultaneous""

The attacker rolls first

IF a 2 or a 12 YOU STOP and work out what happens
If NOT a 2 or a 12 then defender rolls

Note it doesn't matter if a 2 or a 12 is rolled by defender for a LOT of reasons. (A 2 will still do some stuff like leader creation etc).
But as the attacker HAS attacked, some of the options are not there no more

THEN you work out what the hell happens with whats left....................................... (usually mayhem!!)