Recent content by Sand Bar Bill

1. Sand Bar Bill

Wings of the Motherland - 4th release of the Fighting Wings series

I joined this group and am in a pbem game because of it. It works great as a PBEM game. https://fw-game-10.groups.io/g/main
  2. Sand Bar Bill

Wings of the Motherland - 4th release of the Fighting Wings series

The air war over the Soviet Union is the fourth "module" of the Fighting Wings series just released, at a hefty $135. The Fighting Wings series is definitely the "ASL" of WWII air combat and is a direct descent of the popular Air Superiority/Air Strike games from GDW in the 1980's. In terms of...
  3. Sand Bar Bill

ASL-themed song parodies

Green Acres... The Ardennes is the place to be Farm fighting is the life for me Lines of sight spreading out so far and wide Keep block busting, just give me that countryside Stalingrad is where I'd rather be I get allergic smelling WP I just adore a rooftop view Darling I love you but give me...
  4. Sand Bar Bill

Music: what are you Listening to now?

Lana del Rey. Yeah, you read that right.
  5. Sand Bar Bill

Books: What are you currently reading?

Eager to start reading The Humans by Matt Haig, an alien takes over a mathematician's body in an attempt to stop an important mathematical discovery. Dark humor.
  6. Sand Bar Bill

There is no joy in Dodgertown tonight

The Dodgers have an impulse for self-destruction.
  7. Sand Bar Bill

What boardgames have you played recently?

Yes, I like them a lot. Lots of smaller scenarios. I'd probably start with the original game, None but Heroes - though used the revised rules that are available on the MMP'S site if they aren't included in the hard copy. Drawbacks are the elevation gradiants can be hard to distinguish, the...
  8. Sand Bar Bill

Netflix: How it Ends

I watched Netflix's just released (I think) "Io" (Jupiter's moon), a disappointing last-woman-on-earth movie. The main actress had as much emotional range as a jar of mayonaise and the plot went nowhere, or at least nowhere interesting. Thumb's down.
  9. Sand Bar Bill

If a leader makes a MOL (molotov cocktail) check and fails, may he still use his leadership modifier?

Good point. I was more eager to try out Molotov cocktails than to think of the tradeoff. But you are right, not a worthwhile tactic at the sacrifice of a guaranteed -1 DRM.
  10. Sand Bar Bill

If a leader makes a MOL (molotov cocktail) check and fails, may he still use his leadership modifier?

That is good news for the two squads receiving fire, because whether the leadership modifier applied or not meant the difference between breaking or just pinning as it turns out!
  11. Sand Bar Bill

Which rule do you want to change?

Eliminate the weather rolls.
  12. Sand Bar Bill

If a leader attempts to roll for a Molotov cocktail and fails, may he still add his leadership modifier to the squad he is with? Rule 22.611 does not address. (The situation was a 3-4-7 squad with a 2-7 LMG and a 8-1 leader. It was useless for the squad to roll for the MOL because they would...