Recent content by RichardS

1. R

January 2005 Dispatches/Top 10 War Movies

JD, I don't mind that SPR was left off, but leaving off ZULU!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Sacrilige! It was one of the first and best colonial wars film ever made! You should be ashamed! :cheeky: :flag:
  2. R

Turner's Gettysburg

Well, if yer the one ponying up the money and you want a cameo. You get a cameo. :cheeky: But who knows? Perhaps a craving for more air time will lead to 'A Last Full Measure' :flag:
  3. R

January 2005 Dispatches/Top 10 War Movies

Let's not forget: -Zulu -Der Brucke -Soldier of Orange -Winter War! :flag:
  4. R

Turner's Gettysburg

Because Colonel Patton didn't die at Fredericksburg. It would have been stranger seeing the same man die twice in two battles, no? :cheeky: :flag:
  5. R

Turner's Gettysburg

The Bonnie Blue Flag scene was so that the backer, Ted Turner, could get his air time. :D :flag:
  6. R

pics of people here.

It's all thanks to the Doctor Sinister Healthy Living Program! :flag:
  7. R

pics of people here.

First image is of me when I was helping out a neighborhood school. I didn't last there long though. Appearantly absentism went up. The second image is of me at the doctor's office. She was trying to find out why I was having problems breathing. It made me so weak I had to have supports...
  8. R

Best movie in the WW1 time period.

Thanks, JD! I read that in the paper and was going to mention that here and forgot all about it! :flag:
  9. R

D&D turns 30

The only thing I can think of is that the books appeared to be in less than good condition. The condition does matter. Also with the advent of 2E and 3E; they may not be as much appeal except for those who are into collecting OOP and relatively rare editions of games. :surprise: :flag:
  10. R

D&D turns 30

I went and looked it up; disappointing to say the least. And I checked. The convention was the DragonCon/Origins Convention of 1990! It was 14 years ago. I wonder why the price as dropped so much?
  11. R

D&D turns 30

Well, I know somebody who was able to go to a convention; pay for a 4* hotel room in Atlanta, food, expenses from putting one in an auction and that was at least 6 years ago. It would also depend on the condition, etc. To test the waters you might check to see what they are going for now on...
  12. R

D&D turns 30

Let's see. First game of D&D I remember playing was 76. But I think I played some Chain Mail & D&D before 76 though. (Dratted memory is going on me.) Ah, high school, dating and D&D. It was at the same time I got interested in Star Fleet Battles (SFB) board game. I wish I still had my 1st...
  13. R

Some. There is a lot of court room drama, but it is a great movie anyways. IIRC, I think a lot of the combat was in flashbacks.
  14. R

We also talked about Breaker Morant; which is a great movie. I think. (Or am I thinking about Galliopoli?) But Breaker Morant does ask a lot of questions about British 'justice' for the three on the veldt at the drawing down of the war. I found it to be a well produced movie and worth owning...
  15. R

Your Favourite TV series...

In no particular order: UFO Black Adder I-IV, Movie, Special Red Dwarf Dr. Who Star Trek all except Voyager, but esp. DS9. Futurama Case Closed Combat Rat Patrol 12 O'Clock High except for the cheesy rubber bomb in one show. Hogan's Heroes Carol Burnett Show Space 1999 (First season...