Recent content by plpalmerdvm

1. P

Bitter Ender 2018 AAR

Yes, it was a good game. I thought I setup and played well at the start, but so did you and the percentages didn't work in my favor. I was lucky to be able to prevail. Here are a couple of VASL screenshots of the "Smooth Move" I pulled with the SPW251/1 and Puma in "A Grain in the Sand"...
  2. P

Bitter Ender 2018 AAR

Made it home with no incidences thank goodness! I constantly wish though that my Ford had all the radar features that my wife's Highlander has!
  3. P

Bitter Ender 2018 AAR

I think this is my sixth straight Bitter Ender and I was very happy to return to Raleigh for some ASL fellowship. I was coming in as defending champ but knew there was a strong field including not only both Stanhagan brothers, but also Bill Cirillo who has been dominating the ASL Tourney world...
  4. P

2018 Winter Offensive, Round 3: One Story Town

I also played this at WO and enjoyed it very much. I had the defending Ruskies and held onto the 2-point VC building and one other (centrally). The Finns certainly are able to have their way with those Russian 447s, esp when supported by that flame tank. I was aided by an major result on a...
  5. P

Winter Offensive

Yes, agree that the margin between winning and losing can be quite thin, and it's not always your (or your opponents) average DR, but the timing of the DRs. Still, I think that the better players do things that maximize their chance of winning. First, they tend to make fewer big mistakes and...
  6. P

Winter Offensive

There is definitely a tournament going on although maybe not as strictly structured as others. As JR said, if you are competing in the tourney, Perry will pair you with someone with a similar record. The field pares down over the weekend so many/most are doing open play or other games. And...
  7. P

dice tower made out of ASL boards

That would have been me. I have not made any new towers and just recently sold the last of my "inventory". But I do have boards to make another production run if there is demand (and I have time).
  8. P

Spreading Fire 2017 AAR

(NOTE: I am cross-posting this from the ASL FB where where I originally posted with some photos of the games) I am finally getting around to writing some AARs of my games at last weekends Spreading Fire Tournament in Atlanta. I had a great time and would highly recommend it to everyone...
  9. P

Spreading Blaze 2017 - Atlanta ASL Tourney - Aug 4th - 6th 2017

Y Yeah, you're probably right---will post here as well.
  10. P

J191 Rebels Without a Pause SSR

Post-game, a theoretical discussion occurred about SSR 3 for "Rebels Without a Pause", J191 This SSR says: SSR3. . . . "Partisan MMC are treated as SMC for building Control purposes." I would assume this to mean that the Partisan MMCs cannot gain Control of a building. Someone...
  11. P

FYI, I have posted AARs of my games from last weekend on the Facebook ASL Page.
  12. P

Ammo Shortage A19.131

Gracias----just what I was looking for.
  13. P

Ammo Shortage A19.131

Just played ASL187 Morgan's Stand this weekend at Spreading Fire in Atlanta. The US at-start AFVs are subject to ammo shortage, and there was a discussion about what this means in the way of B#, circled B#, and X#. Here are the applicable rules: A19.131 AMMUNITION SHORTAGES: . . . Unit...
  14. P

I'm sure Gary will post more details when he gets a chance. Dave Stephens beat Jeremy Maciejewski in the final playing Mook Point. Jeremy said his defending GI's just couldn't pass a MC. It was actually an interesting finish to the tourney because after 3 rounds there were 3 players that...