Recent content by Glennbo

1. Glennbo

Super Bowl XLIX

I just can't enjoy sports the way I used to because of this stuff. It's o.k. when the players on the field screw up, thats what makes the game. But when the coaches, or worse yet the officials ruin the game...it's just too much. The Lions had that ref PICK UP THE FLAG in our playoff game...
  2. Glennbo

What boardgames have you played recently?

ESG continues our campaign game of The Third Reich started upthread. WINTER 1940 ..... These first pictures are from the German winter turn, 1940. France was conquered in the fall, and here Eric as the Germans prepares to invade both Yugoslavia and Denmark, which he took with the loss...
  3. Glennbo

Spent quite a deal of time trying to find a good WW III (3) board game. But they are all so hopelessly dated.
  4. Glennbo

That is certainly true. And it is hard for them to do it. That's why as Russia I went on a tear of global domination. I knew I wouldn't be attacked for years. After Greece I was going for Yugoslavia.
  5. Glennbo

ESG played the campaign game of Third Reich Thursday night. Eric was Germany/Italy, D.H. was Britain/France, and I was Russia. Poland fell quickly. But as Russia I decided to attack Turkey in Fall Of '40: This next picture is taken after the Summer '41 turn. Germany was having problems...
  6. Glennbo

ESG played Avalon Hill's "The Russian Campaign" last night. I was the Russians, and D.H. With Eric were the Germans. Germans setting up. The front prior to the Russian winter offensive '41 The front after the German summer offensive '42 The Moscow front just prior to my...
  7. Glennbo

Now that ESG has stopped producing scenario packs we can play different games other than ASL. ESG played "Wooden Ships and Iron Men" last night. We each took a ship, and sailed around shooting at each other until my Spanish frigate forced D.H.'s English frigate to stike the colors...
  8. Glennbo

Best first 15 minutes Movie

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
  9. Glennbo

Movies you love that other people don't

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf They Might Be Giants Reanimator Return of the Living Dead
  10. Glennbo

Godzilla: The King is Back!

Re: The King is Back! The most important thing of all is that Godzilla gets his original voice back!
  11. Glennbo

IMDB Overrated Movies List

Agree with him about: Chinatown - it was boring. The Untouchables - too slow, and I hate Kevin Costner. Dances with Wolves - absolute pits. Raging Bull - so so. The King's Speech - so so. The Big Lebowski - terrible movie. Gone with the Wind - never sat through it all. Most of the...
  12. Glennbo

Bands you used to hate, but now reluctantly admire

Always hated Journey. But after twenty years of hearing them, and having others explain their good points to me, I reluctantly agree they are good.
  13. Glennbo

Best drum solo ever...

The drummer I enjoy listening to the most, in songs not solos, is Keith Moon... especially on the Quadraphenia album.
  14. Glennbo

Music for The Great Patriotic War

Is there a song about how they realize the world would be a better place if they died, and they killed themselves?
  15. Glennbo

Randy Blythe asks for a moment of silence; doesn't get it

I agree with Blackcloud completely. It's a rock concert for crying out loud. Half the crowd is wasted. He's an idiot for trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.