Randy Blythe asks for a moment of silence; doesn't get it

Anvyi

Reaction score
Nicky and I being young as we are, the majority of our friends are 17 to 20 and we see this like of decency in many of the young people, even some friends. Some just don't fully understand what that " moment of silence" means. Some speak out feeling it shows the world they are not part of the "herd", some just think they are above it all (It didn't happen to them sorry but oh well kind of thing). Some a way of getting back at society for one reason or the other.
Nicky and I both have tried to tell people we know not to act as sch and have been called names and made to cry.
I am so glad that we have had parents that have raised us to understand things like this.

Mary and Nicky

Last edited:

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/lamb-of-gods-randy-blythe-disgusted-by-disrespectful-oregon-audience/

Blythe is right to be disgusted by some members of the crowd. Yeah, it's a metal concert, but people still need to act with some decency.

Seriously. People need to grow up.
You know, I get it that he is disgusted at "disrespect" being show and all that. But I never really liked going to an event like this and them asking for some moment of silence. Moments of silence at an entertainment event seem artificial to me and meaningless, it is 'ribbon' mentality. And there may be a touch of his politics too and that begins to rankle me when some entertainer wants to interject his politics in the the event, I'm not paying him for that. Leave the 'feel good' stuff for Sunday morning church if you are so inclined.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This is one of the reasons a lot of sports clubs opt for a minutes noise rather than a minutes silence. It's much harder to disrupt that.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know, I get it that he is disgusted at "disrespect" being show and all that. But I never really liked going to an event like this and them asking for some moment of silence. Moments of silence at an entertainment event seem artificial to me and meaningless, it is 'ribbon' mentality. And there may be a touch of his politics too and that begins to rankle me when some entertainer wants to interject his politics in the the event, I'm not paying him for that. Leave the 'feel good' stuff for Sunday morning church if you are so inclined.
I agree with Blackcloud completely. It's a rock concert for crying out loud. Half the crowd is wasted. He's an idiot for trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A moment of silence would be good compared to that crap they play. I like the drummer, the rest suck as bad a sucking can suck.

Bob