Recent content by glendalough

1. G

running original SP I in Win 2000?

Thanks, Andy. I've been looking at SPWaW as well, and having problems (another thread). But either way it looks like we're running into similar difficulties in Win2000. I have my bro-in-law working on this and will send this info his way! All the best, Matt
  2. G

can't run v. 8.01, help!

Thanks DD. My brother-in-law is about halfway through this and I'll post as soon as we get it resolved (or break the computer!). Matt
  3. G

can't run v. 8.01, help!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try a clean install on another machine with the 9.0b DirectX(it didn't seem to take on my machine). BTW, I note that unlike me, you ran yours on Win98 whereas I was using Win2000. I'm going to set up a new drive on my home PC with Win98 and see how...
  4. G

Looking for 1.04 patch...

I've already downloaded the 1.04 patch (in addition to the nocd.zip). I think I'll go for the former, as I like to have the CD on hand. But either way, they are helpful. Many thanks! Now I can't wait to play that Ethiopia 1935 scenario (designed in 1.04) I've been waiting for! I'll be the...
  5. G

Thank you! I'll give it a try. Matt
  6. G

As I discovered to my chagrin, and others have noted on this list, the Talonsoft site seems to be gone. But I'm looking to upgrade to 1.04 so I can take advantage of newer scenarios. Can anyone provide a link? Many thanks! Matt
  7. G

can't run v. 8.01, help!

Thanks. I did try the mech.exe, but get a "Direct Draw initialization error...blah, blah, blah." I'm going to have my bro-in-law (a comp. wiz) take a look, but may just have him help me run the original SP I on my PC since this "new" Windows version is just too buggy for my taste. Too bad...
  8. G

can't run v. 8.01, help!

still not working I uninstalled and reinstalled. It did so without error and the game said it was correctly loaded. I even made sure I had the correct version of DirectX (apparently cause of earlier error) but am STILL getting the "...DdEntry 10 could not be located.... DDRAW.dll" error as...
  9. G

can't run v. 8.01, help!

I downloaded and installed SP WaW 8.01 and tried running it by clicking on the SPWAW.exe file. I got an error "the dynamic link library d3d9.dll could not be found in the specified path....", etc. Luckily, I managed to find the .DLL online and placed it in the SP folder and fixed that. But...
  10. G

running original SP I in Win 2000?

I dug out my original copy of SP I and installed it on my computer, not having played it since 2000. Only problem is that it doesn't appear to run since I have upgraded to Win 2000 on my home PC. I'm not familiar with how to deal with this. Is there something I can do? Many thanks. Matt