Recent content by fanatic+1

1. fanatic+1

Dash

Is a Dash allowed from D8 through C8 to C7??
  2. fanatic+1

When a Human Wave unit is no longer a HW unit?

I would play it that the unit ends its MPh when it breaks, regardless of what happens after. Edit: I now see that the unit's Mph does not end when it breaks until all DFF against it is resolved in its now broken state. If it HOBs during that fire upon it while still "moving" it could become...
  3. fanatic+1

Swedish PAATC

I was waiting for that.
  4. fanatic+1

Snap Shot LOS and VASL LOS Tool

That rule was the most puzzling piece of the puzzle, but the Perry Sez on Snap Shots through a rubble hexside being blocked or clear depending on what hex the target unit was moving to (blocked if moving behind rubble hexside and clear if moving out from behind rubble hexside) convinced me that...
  5. fanatic+1

For what it’s worth, my current understanding is that Snap Shots are not allowed in either situation (excepting the continuous slope nuance) because the firer must be able to have LOS to the target hex (the hex the target is moving into) hexside in order to make a Snap Shot and it can’t in both...
  6. fanatic+1

The only thing I can think of is an orchard is treated as an obstacle to LOS to a higher level location. Thus the level 0 orchard would be an obstacle preventing LOS to the far hexside. The other plateau effect does not involve an obstacle.
  7. fanatic+1

Gullies and FFMO

As was pointed out, you could take a Snap Shot at it if you have LOS to the hexside crossed.
  8. fanatic+1

J13 errata

MG firing to hit an AFV and then having to roll TK fire as ordnance and are explicitly excluded from the restrictions of A7.55 regardless of collateral effects of a hit.
  9. fanatic+1

J13 errata

The errata is designed to prevent the Ammunition Shortage sleaze which would otherwise allow mmc and mg to fire separately at the same target.
  10. fanatic+1

Perhaps but I am having trouble seeing a rule that indicates the two situations involving hexsides that are part of a blind hex should be treated differently based upon the source of the creation of the blind hex.
  11. fanatic+1

Check LOS from C7 to hexside C6/C5 to test your theory and you will see VASL does not agree. I am also not sure the level of the blind hex being different should make a difference for a Snap Shot. Good discussion though.
  12. fanatic+1

Can the Halftrack bypass this hex?

"The MP cost of VBM is double that of the hex’s non-obstacle terrain (usually Open Ground) per hexside traversed..." D2.3. "A vehicle in Bypass has a different (and much more restrictive) VCA because it is now traversing a hexside rather than a hex." D.2.32. The question is whether using a...
  13. fanatic+1

Line of Fire

Rubble is not a hindrance. It provides TEM to fire upon units in it or, in your example, to fire traced to a vertex along a rubble hexside.
  14. fanatic+1

But A6.2 provides: 6.2 OBSTACLES: Each terrain type [EXC: Depressions 6.3] is defined as to whether or not it presents an obstacle or Hindrance to LOS and, if an obstacle, the height of that obstacle. LOS extends into or out of obstacles, but not through them into hexes beyond the obstacle...
  15. fanatic+1

What I can’t figure out is why the situations are treated differently by VASL. In both cases the target is moving into a blind hex that shares a hexside with a hex in LOS. Snap Shot is allowed even if the hexside targeted is part of a blind hex. Maybe I don’t understand the meaning of that last...